1955 Baglietto 5.5 Meter Sloop
San Francisco, CA
- Descrizione scheda barca
- Visualizza specifiche complete
- Presente a :
- San Francisco, CA
- Materiale Scafo:
- Prezzo Corrente:
- US$ 19,000 (EUR 17,014)
“MAVI" is a beautifully built classic racing sloop that was designed and built in Varazze (Tuscany), Italy. She has been successfully campaigned on the windy lakes of Switzerland, Germany and Italy. Since coming to the San Francisco Bay area in early 2015, has made a name for herself on the local circuit. Currently rigged for racing with new racing sails and a custom aluminum rig, her custom built trailer carries 2 classic wooden rigs. A full Sunbrella cover protects her beautiful bright work; and her mahogany hull has had three structural supports professionally replaced by Svendsens Boatworks of Alameda, CA. She is gorgeous to look at, fun to sail, and very fast in competition.
The owner is keen to sell and would consider some form of barter for another vessel.
Please contact Rockport Marine at (207) 236-9651
Visita il sito internet
Altre Caratteristiche, Attrezzatura ed Informazioni:
Nome della barca
Designer: Vincenzo and Pietro Baglietto
L.F.T. Lunghezza fuori tutto: 30 ft 9 in
Larghezza: 6 ft 3 in
Pescaggio minimo: 4 ft 4 in
Mavi’s hull is constructed with Mahogany 3” planks, and fitted glue edged seams, over oak steam bent frames, measuring 1” x 1 1/4”, on roughly 11” centers. There are silicon bronze keel bolts bearing on transverse wooden frames. The decks are constructed with a marine plywood substrate, over wooden deck beams, with a suspected fiberglass overlay.
- Steering: wooden tiller with extension
- Rudder: wooden plank, keel hung
- 2 fixed pin jib tracks with cars
- 1 wooden mainsheet barney post with Harken swivel base
- 2 running backstay reel controllers
- 2 stainless steel deck mooring pad-eyes
- 1 wooden halyard cleat console
- Mast: Lico Spars pained aluminum single spreader, keel stepped
- Boom: Lico Spars, mid-boom sheeting
- Sails: 1 Elvstrom Dacron mainsail, 1 Murphy Nye Dacron mainsail, 2 Murphy Nye Dacron jibs
- Standing Rigging: Ronstan calibrated toggled turnbuckles, with solid rod stainless steel
Winches: 2 under deck handle, single speed
- 2 Rule Mate fully automatic submersible bilge pumps
- 1 Henderson MK V Manual bilge pump
USCG REQUIRED EQUIPMENT
- Lifejackets: 4 non-USCG life vest
SPECIAL OTHER EQUIPMENT
- 1 custom galvanized steel double axel trailer (VIN# 2A9RB28007A32008, CA license plate #4MJ2927)
- 2 mahogany trailer mast chocks
- 1 mahogany trailer locker
- 2 PVC sail storage tubes
- 1 full boat cover
- 2 boom covers
- 1 boom tent/cockpit cover
- 1 wooden ladder
- 1 Elvstrom cockpit line bag
- 2 nylon lifting slings
- 1 RWO Fastac tiller extension
- 1 aluminum tiller extension
- 2 trailer cargo straps
- DC Voltage: 12 Volt
- Batteries: 1 Motor Craft flooded 12-volt GP24 540 CCA
- DC Overcurrent Protection: plunger breakers in distribution panel board.
- List of recent improvements include a new bottom (anti foul), repaired several cracks in planks, replacement of four (4) floors including the one at the base of the mast (which as you know is extremely important due to the point-load mechanics of sailing). We used white oak for the mast step and purple wood everywhere else. We think the replacements will last forever. Boat also received much care also in other areas such as the installation of two bilge pumps that work in sync, powered by a newly installed battery. Boat came with a manual pump that remains installed in case of electric malfunction but from now on it should become largely unnecessary.
- Missing or needed is a new spinnaker. The one I received with the boat unfortunately went lost. Also, there are some cracked ribs that have been sistered. More sistering might be needed in the future but the boat is good to go now. A new coat of varnish is needed but only in certain spots, overall the boat is in impeccable conditions having received more than 20 coats of varnish a few years back and prior to the boat being stored in a warehouse, away from UV lights. The boat is also missing electronics and lights (did not come with them) but a new owner might want to do some upgrading about that.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.