A fine example of the early Bertram sports fishing line, she’s in fine shape overall!
Through the years all of the ‘little’ Bertram boats have come to be called “Moppies”, that being founder Dick Bertram’s wife’s nickname. He first used that name for his 31’ offshore raceboats....the hull design that launched his company in the Sixties.
The Mark II Sport Convertible was built in three configurations; hard top with flybridge, hardtop, and the open cockpit “sport” model. Her wide beam and the ‘Deep Vee’ hull design running all the way to the transom provide incredible stability (see photos). Thus, these are fast boats that also have a great reputation as a stable offshore fishing platform, and, the large the aft cockpit is well designed for that.
“Little Lady” was re-powered in the mid-1980’s using the same style of MerCruiser 4 cyl. engines, but now with increased HP. We ran this boat around Lake Washington one warm afternoon last week and it was a fun ride ... she’s fast, better than 30 mph.
A rare boat for the Pacific Northwest. Enjoy her as she is for years to come, or use her as a solid platform for that ‘full boat restoration’ project you’ve always dreamed about starting. This would be the right boat for that, and well worth it, too.
• LOA - 25’ 11”
• Beam - 9’ 11”
• Max, Draft - 2’ 3”
• Weight - 4,250 lbs.
• Famous Bertram ‘deep V’ hull configuration for great stability
• Twin MerCruiser 470 engines (170 hp)
• Repowered mid - 1980’s
• Engine hours are 288 and 270
• MerCrusier outdrives
• Outdrive tilt controllers
• Engine synchronizer strobe
• Cruise 12-16, top speed 35+
• Full padded vinyl engine hatch cover cushion
• New (2013) aluminum fuel tank, 65 gal.
• 12 gal. stainless freshwater tank
• Single stainless sink and faucet
• 6’ 2” vee berth, plus insert
• Jabsco manual pump toilet
• Interior wood panel trim
• Cockpit area exceeds 100 sq. ft.
• Jensen model LCD 6115 AM/FM/CD
• Boston ‘Voyager’ cockpit and cabin speakers
• iCom M45 VHF
• Shakespeare antennae
• Garmin GPSmap 168
• Dual battery selector switches
• 30 amp shore power cord
• New dual lead Pro Mariner battery charger
• 12v cockpit and interior lighting
• Bilge pump
• Carbon monoxide sniffer
• Kidde Fire extinguishers
• Six adult life jackets
• Canvas Bimini and side curtains for helm area (new 2015)
• Canvas “Alaskan bulkhead” (new 2015)
• Canvas cockpit winter storage cover (new 2015)
Accessories and gear
• Stainless bow rail
• Forward deck hatch
• Aluminum windscreen with slide control openers
• Integral bow lights in hull for anchoring
• Single trumpet horn
• Small Danforth plow anchor and rode
• Foredeck anchor mounts
• Teak flag mast
• Mooring lines and fenders
• Cockpit boarding steps
• Fishing rod holder
• Ventilated cockpit cabinet storage (factory option)
[We previously sold this Bertam to a Seattle couple who used her sparingly last year and renamed her to complement the name of their large motor yacht. They also had a beautiful full cockpit enclosure made for her in the fall of 2015. She's back on the market again, at our docks, all cleaned up and ready for you to inspect!]
1900 West Nickerson Suite 116 - 218
Seattle, WA 98119-1665