The Baltic 39 was a medium displacement performance design aiming at general all-round sailing with a slightly greater emphasis on upwind characteristics than our earlier Baltic Yachts models. The design incorporated a high ballast ration and a high aspect ratio fin keel. The accommodation layout of the Baltic 39 was generous for a boat of that size incorporating a full owner's cabin aft with complete privacy.
The Baltic 39 was one of the first serial production yachts that were designed and performance evaluated using computer programs. Full VPP studies were executed resulting in both polar plots and performance in numbers. In addition to producing a good basis for design optimizations, the result from the computer studies also gave racing clients polars and performance numbers representing valuable targets for racing.
VAMPA 2 is a 1979 example with a striking red topsides, black anodised rig and teak decks. Her teak decks were renewed in 2004 and her engine replaced with a larger 43hp Volvo which was subsequently overhauled in 2002.
At just Euro 70,000, VAMPA 2 now offers fantastic opportunity to become part of the iconic and exclusive Baltic Yachts family for a fraction of the usual cost.
BALTIC YACHTS OVERVIEW:
Baltic Yachts was founded 35 years ago in 1973 by five men looking to build superior yachts – or superyachts - that would give them the edge over their competitors. Baltic Yachts is now one of the leading names in custom and semi-custom made luxury yachts for sale.
The Baltic Yachts Ltd yard is located in a village called Bosund on the West coast of Finland. Here they have developed excellent facilities for building their yachts.
The first yacht built by Baltic Yachts Ltd was the Baltic 46 in 1974. Since then they have built custom and semi-custom built yachts for sale in all sizes from 38ft to 152ft.
• Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from CE Confirmity as she was in use in the EEA prior to June 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Balsa core fibreglass sandwich using fibreglass mat. Unidirectional roving and mat/roving combination to develop an extremely rigid yet light and well insulated structure.
• All high stress areas are specially strengthened with built up of unidirectional roving oriented in the direction of the stress.
• Transverse floors and longitudinal stringers are made up of unidirectional roving and fabmat around a low density core.
• There are limber holes in floors to allow drainage to sump.
• Red hull finish
• Hand laid-up moulded fibreglass with balsa core for stiffening and insulation, extra reinforcement incorporated in way of winches and fittings.
• The deck has a high strength/weight ratio and is bonded to the hull with layers of roving and through bolted.
• Teak laid deck – renewed 2004
Keel & Rudder:
• An external fin keel, cast to high accuracy in lead with added antimony, is through bolted to the hull.
• The cantilevered balanced spade rudder is moulded from fibreg1ass and fitted with a stainless steel rudder stock.
• The rudder stock passes through bronze bearings and a stuffing box which is strongly bonded to the hull.
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo 2003T 43hp turbo-charged diesel engine – 1987
• Engine overhauled 2002
• Fresh¬water cooled engine.
• Single lever engine control.
Propulsion & Steering:
• 2-bladed MaxProp folding prop
• Wheel steering
• Emergency tiller
• 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power
• 12vDC engine start battery
• 12vDC service batteries
• Engine-mounted alternator
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well insulated hot water tank, heated by engine
• Cockpit shower with electric pump
• Manual fresh water supply to galley and heads
• 2x Whale Gusher manual bilge pumps
• Electric bilge pump with float switch
• 100 litre fuel capacity in 1x stainless steel tank
• 210 litres water capacity in 2x stainless steel tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Speed, depth and log
• Multi display
• VHF with AIS
• Stove with 3x burners
• Top loading ice box
• Twin stainless steel sinks with fresh and salt water manual pumps
• Heads and shower
• Manual water supplies with shower in heads
Summary of Accommodation:
• Up to 7 berths in forward cabin, aft cabin and saloon settees. Single heads.
• Forward Cabin - Sail stowage in bins. Berths (Port and Starboard) over hanging locker with shelves to starboard.
• Heads - Moulded GRP basin in special hygienic gelooat. Lockers for stowage. Toilet with overboard discharge.
• Saloon - Pilot berths (Port and Starboard). Settee berth starboard . U-shaped settee to port. Centre table with folding wings, deep fiddles and centre stowage. Stowage port and starboard.
• Galley – L-shaped galley with 3-burner stone, large icebox, dry good stowage lockers. Stainless steel sink unit.
• Chart table – Forward facing chart table with seat. Hanging locker aft.
• Aft cabin – Hanging locker. Double berth to port. Quarter berth to starboard. Seat. Mirror.
• All joinery is teak faced with solid teak or laminated teak frames and capping. Satin varnish finish.
• Kick plates on steps and chafing pieces on sills are provided
• Cloth upholstery through out
• Formica galley surfaces
• Floorboards with laid teak veneer
• Black anodized aluminium alloy hallow with oval section.
• The mast is provided with aluminium aerofoil section spreaders, halyards are internal.
• Spinnaker pole track and heel hoist.
• Anodized aluminium alloy hollow section. Slab reef with cheek blocks, outhaul and reefing winch.
• Rod standing rigging
• Genoa furler
• Lewmar winch package
• 2x 55 primary winches
• 2x 44 spinnaker sheet winches
• 1x 40 halyard winch
• 1x 40 mainsheet winch
• 2x 30 control line winches
• 2x 44 halyard winches
• Mainsail (Taffeta)
• #1 Genoa
• Double stainless lifelines.
• Swimming ladder
• 8-man liferaft
Covers & Canvas:
• Wheel cover
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Anchor windlass
• Anchor with chain
• Fenders & warps
Lying Preveza, Greece
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.
82 Gosport Street , Hampshire
Lymington, Hampshire SO41 9BD