1980 CAL 25II Mk II
- Descrizione scheda barca
- Visualizza specifiche complete
- Presente a :
- Memphis, TN
- Materiale Scafo:
- Prezzo Corrente:
- US$ 8,400 (EUR 6,819)
The Cal 25 is a Tremendous sailboat whether you are new to sailing or have owned multiple boats over many years. There is not a 25'er anywhere that has a better balance of stability, sailing qualities and comfort. Our dealership was a Cal dealer from 1977 til 1987 when Cal stopped making boats and we can attest to her status compared to other sailboats. Few compare. Put the Cal 25 at the top of your list. OWNER is MOTIVATED. Let's make a DEAL !
The classic white hull and navy striped hull on this 1980 Cal 25 Mk II is in very good condition and shows more like a 1995 model boat due to decent maintenance over time and reflects the quality of the gel cote that was used in producing this boat.
This is a Freshwater boat and represents an incredible amount of Sailboat for not very much in the way of Dollars.
You will marvel increased footing with the wide side decks and tall toe rail. Add to that, you will love the inboard shrouds that make moving forward an unencumbered passage. The cockpit is unusually deep and comfortable - - at least equal to any 27 ever seen.
As for sailing qualities, the Cal 25 Mk ii reall delivers and is heads above most any 25 or 27 available. The beautifully balanced helm that is a hallmark of the Lapworth designs. What a joy to tiller! The tiller is so well balanced that a 60 lb person can easily handle the boat in a 25 mph blowing day. Again, what a joy.
Seemingly more of a 27 than a 25, the generous 9' beam along with the 44% ballast ratio you have one stiff 25'er, again more 27 foot than 25 foot. The resulting extra leverage on the sail plan (more beam and ballast) delivers more forward thrust. As a result she is fast. Fast IS FUN and safe !
The V berth is suitable for 2 "big" people and the teak interior is in keeping with the quality that Cal was famous for.
Also worth knowing that this boat was last bottom painted right a 3 years ago so chances are you will not have to install new bottom paint any time soon.
NOW Located at our yard in Memphis, Tn. , this Cal 25 awaits your inspection. If relocating further is required we can assist in a turnkey delivery eliminating the need to deal with multiple sources to GET YOU THIS CAL 25 !
Please take a look at the photos and you will sense of a very decent boat.. She is a classic and highly desirable, now and in the future. Let's get you sailing NOW !!
IT'S YOUR MOVE !!
Contact: Chris Rooke, Rooke Sails, Inc., 1744 Prescott So., Memphis, Tn., @ I-240 & US 78
Dealers for: Beneteau, Precision, Hunter trailerables, Hobie Cat & Laser/Sunfish
Brokers for Yachts 8 to 50' we are always looking for quality listing. Full yard services available with virtually any installations handled with our talented staff. A Cal Dealer starting back in 1977 and a Beneteau Dealer since 1982, we specialize in sail repair of all types in house and offer complete custom canvas works including biminis, etc. Air Ride transport equipment, including an 85' Sky Hook sign crane rigging is a snap. Insurance work and refurbishing work capable. Let us know if we can be of help.Celebrating our 45th year in the sailing business!!
Please contact Chris Rooke at 901 744-8500
Visita il sito internet
Altre Caratteristiche, Attrezzatura ed Informazioni:
Nome della barca
Chiglia: Chiglia standard
- LOA 25' 3"
- LWL 22' 0"
- BEAM 9' 0"
- DRAFT 4' 6"
- DISPLACEMENT 4,500 LBS
- BALLAST 2,000 LBS a 44 % ballast ratio !!!
- MAST HEAD RIG
- SAIL AREA 314 SQ FT
Deck & Cockpit Design Features
- Wide walkways for secure footing
- TALL toerail not seen on most 25's or 27's for excellent footing
- Anchor Locker built into forepeak of deck
- Double rail Bow pulpit
- Double rail Stern pulpit
- Double Life lines with gates both port and starboard
- Thru hull rudder, not an ugly transom hung rudder thus the boat is quite attractive
- Open stern rail giving easy access to outboard if needed - - this is an electric start Mercury 9.9 hp long shaft FOUR STROKE
- Deep 4 step Ladder
- Deep cockpit with comfort written all over it
- Seat backs have dihedrial half way up that fits the small of the back comfortably
- Tiller originates not from the floor, but from the top of a molding in the far aft of the cockpit that keeps the tiller from engaging the knees and opens up more room for friends while sailing
- Mainsheet located in front of cockpit, correctly located while sailing and easy to control and then easily moved to port or starboard to make entry into the interior of the boat unencumbered
- Two long hand rails cabin top mounted for secure movement
- Flattering cabin top profile thus boat has classic look
- Attractive Molded forward hatch
- Proper Sea Hood for sliding hatch
- With the exception of a 2 foot longer cockpit, the Cal 25 Mk II IS the Cal 27 Mk III that followed the Cal 25 Mk II - - - Point is that this 25 is virtually a 27.
Interior layout, Accommodations, and Items included
- 5'10" headroom with a bit more under the sliding hatch, maybe 6' there
- Thick comfortable cushions, noticeably thicker than most any 30'er you will see
- Beautiful Teak Bulkheads and trim throughout
- Seat back on both port and starboard settees hinges 180 degrees upward to dramatically increase the shoulder room of these berths when used as such
- Very Long rear quarter berth on starboard side - - can bring your 6'8" crew member
- Curtains for main cabin
- Teak sliding door to close off head or V-berth from main cabin, classy design and functional
- Huge V berth, big enough for two good size adults
- Head area to starboard of the main bulkhead and a vanity with sink to the immediate opposite side (port)
- Storage under vanity sink
- Lovely teak doors through out
- 2 interior handrails on cabin headliner for extra ease of movement while aboard
- Shelves behind back rest on settees
- Stainless steel sink
- Hand operated fresh water system
- Wood Grain type Formica counter tops, looks classy and very functional
- Deep Ice box
- Storage outboard of sink
- Storage under sink area
- Spiffy Teak doors with nifty hidden finger latches
- Over Galley lights
- Sliding galley extension over starboard quarter berth with 2 burner alcohol stove
Electronics, Electrical & instrumentation
- VHF with mast head antenna
- 12 volt system with braker panel including Volt meter
- Cabin lights more than adequate
- Navigation lights
- Anchor light
- Steaming light
- 9.9 Mercury long shat
- Electric Start
- Limited use
- Four Stroke outboard
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.