Owner is open to serious offers
The Moody 33 is well renowned for its seaworthiness with good safe deck area and deep centre cockpit with wheel steering. The accommodation is spacious with 6 berths in 3 cabins including a separate aft cabin with twin berths and thwart ships heads. Good specification including Volvo 2002 engine, new sails 2006, Warm air central heating, etc.
The Moody 33 continues to be a popular cruising yacht covering all requirements.
Skat has recently been surveyed and all surveyors recommendations have been carried out - see 'Owners Comments' below.
We look forward to organising your viewing and answering any questions you may have.
Rhu Boat Sales, Michael Schmidt & Partner, Tel: +0044(0)1436 821606 - email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ
Boats are available for viewing on PONTOONS, HARD STANDING (ladder access), on MOORINGS and in some cases FURTHER AFIELD. Please contact us before hand to check the location of the vessel you wish to view and any special requirements. If you are traveling a distance this is especially important in order to make sure the boats you wish to view are in their advertised location and available for viewing.
The hull and superstructure are in white GRP and the deck is white GRP with grey non slip applied. MK II version with aft cabin built by Moody Marine Projects in 1980. She has a Fin keel with cast iron ballast, a fin/skeg rudder and wheel steering in a centre style cockpit.
Maintenance carried out between April – October 2017 in response to Survey.
Bow / Stemhead
- Stemhead fitting checked, cleaned and fixings checked for tightness. 2 bolts resealed due to possible leakage.
- A new bow light has been installed together with new wiring between the light and a new deck plug.
- The electric windlass is operational. The remote control and foot switches are operational. The magnet used in the remote counter has died. A new one is on order.
Seacocks & skin fittings
- All seacocks checked for operation & cleaned. Associated hoses and clips checked & cleaned.
- 2 off 15mm skin fittings for heads compartment replaced.
- Toilet cleaned and operational.
- Taps on washbasin replaced.
- Cover for original light fitted.
-Internal furniture units removed, chainplates and bulkheads inspected for water ingress. All ok, no deterioration. Photos taken and furniture replaced.
- There are 12 keel bolts. 50% individually removed, checked and replaced. There was no deterioration on the thread of any bolt, only slight surface rusting on the heads .
- Bilge area cleaned and painted, photo taken.
Batteries & Wiring
- There are 2 off 110 AmpHr domestic batteries and one 75 AmpHr Engine start battery. All ok and holding charge of approx. 100%.
- Earth cabling checked and new hull anode fitted.
Instruments / Equipment
- The Wind speed, Depth and Boat speed instruments, by Nasa, are all operational.
- Compass and Autopilot are also operational as far as can be determined on land.
- All navigation lights are operational.
- VHF Radio is operational.
- The Pioneer audio system is operational
- The Chart plotter requires to be replaced.
Engine & Associated equipment
- The drive leg has been removed, cleaned and painted. A new anode fitted and new hull gaiter fitted. The inlet water seacock was also renewed.
-The engine was cleaned, painted and re-assembled with the drive leg.
- The fuel tank was stripped and cleaned in association with the re-engining in 2002 and has been checked for internal cleanliness since. The outside has been re-painted and all pipes, hoses and valves checked.
- The engine was then tested for approx. 1 hour, with a water tank around the drive leg to provide cooling water.
- The engine is operational and has been run regularly while the boat has been on the hard.
- The original inlet seacock has been removed and the hull made good.
- The new access hatch from the aft cabin has now been completed with fixings.
- The engine compartment has been cleaned and re-painted.
- There is a spare fuel filter, oil filter and pump impellor on board.
- The warm air heater serving the cabin has been cleaned and is fully operational. The exhaust hose has been checked & cleaned.
- Externally there has been a new fibreglass spacer / wedge installed between the hull and the outlet flange.
- The steering quadrant has been cleaned and greased and the rudder stock fixings etc have been checked. The chain & cabling between the wheel and quadrant has been greased / oiled as necessary.
- Pumps – Bilge & domestic
- The Bilge is in 2 parts. The engine compartment and aft and the Main cabin and forward.
- There is a manual bilge pump, operated from the cockpit, serving the main cabin
- There are 2 electric pumps, one serving the main cabin and one serving the engine compartment. All three are operational and there are spares for both manual and electric.
- The gas system has been checked and is sound.
- The drain from the gas box has been re-aligned and a seacock fitted.
- One control knob on the cooker has failed. Due to the age of the cooker a replacement cooker will now be required.
Hull & Deck
- The hull & deck has been cleaned. Guard wires cleaned and checked with new lanyards fitted to guardwires.
- Internally the boat has been cleaned, woodwork has been rubbed down and varnished and new carpet fitted
-The keel has yet to be rubbed down and coated and the hull / flange joint redone, although there is no sign of leakage between hull & keel. This will be done over the next couple of weeks.
6 berths in total in 2 cabins plus the saloon with 5' 9" of headroom and diesel powered Volvo/Ardic heating in all cabins. Light blue and cream patterned upholstery and finished in teak & teak formica.
Forward cabin has a double "V" berth with in fill and ample storage space.
Saloon is spacious and light comprising heads to starboard forward with Levac toilet (1997) wash basin with pressurised cold water. Folding leaf table with settee to starboard which converts to a single berth, the settee also lends setting to the chart table. Settee to port which also converts to a single berth with a locker just forward of it.
The galley is "L" shaped with a Flavel B 2 burner gas cooker with gas oven and grill, stainless steel sink with pressurised cold water and an Isotherm fridge (2011). 12 volt up lighters and paraffin lighting.
Navigation station is to stbd aft I the saloon with a large chart table.
The aft cabin is accessed via it's own hatch aft of the cockpit and is spacious with 5'9" of headroom, two single berths and good storage space.
Volvo MD2030 - D BT inboard 3 cylinder 29hp diesel engine with saildrive to a 3 blade fixed prop.
Spares include oil & fuel filters and a water pump impellor.
12 volt electrical system which is powered from 3 batteries or the engine alternator orshore supply.
Sloop rigged with aluminium mast and boom by Proctor. Stainless steel standing rigging and brad on braid running rigging, both replaced in 2006.
White GRP with grey non slip deck applied which is secured by a stainless steel pulpit, alloy stanchions with double stainless steel wire lifelines and stainless steel quarter pushpits.
Rhu, West Dunbartonshire G84 8LH