Major Price Reduction! If you are looking for a tough go anywhere cruising yacht the this is it. The Liberty 458 is an excellent offshore , center cockpit,live aboard cruiser with a great heritige. Built into the proven hull design of a Jack Kelly 44 (with over 200 hulls sailing) Peter Hoyt designed the interior and deck to an extended hull version. Started in the early 1980's Liberty Yachts , to mean 'Freedom', built 31 boats ending in 1988. They were built to a higher standard that Taiwan boats at the time , in the Shin Fa boat yard.
This is hull # 20 . She is owned by an experienced cruising couple who purchased the yacht in 2009 and have sailed the Caribbean and Central America extensively . This model features the 2-cabin layout with the office/convertible settee version forward. No teak decks, fuel tanks replaced. Many upgrades and improvements have been made by her current owners during their travels.
Altre Caratteristiche, Attrezzatura ed Informazioni:
Nome della barca
Chiglia: Chiglia piana
L.F.T. Lunghezza fuori tutto: 45 ft 0 in
Larghezza: 12 ft 11 in
Lunghezza al galleggiamento: 40 ft 4 in
Pescaggio minimo: 6 ft 4 in
Dislocamento: 30500 lbs A Vuoto
Potenza totale: 90 HP
Marca motore: Ford Lehman
Modello motore: Super 90
Tipo motore: Entrobordo-EB
Tipo propulsione: Linea d'asse
Potenza Motore: 90 HP
Impianto elettrico: 110V
This is a superb live a board boat built tough to take you wherever you desire. Set up to be self sufficient as well as easily handled by two. Lots of luxurious room so you can spend lots of time without being underfoot. No teak decks. Whether you are planning your cruise now or down the road, this is a must see boat. Owned by a cruising couple who have upgraded and kept 'Susurra' in condition to go sailing at a moments notice.
This boat is ready to go cruising wherever you want to go. Easy to show in St. Petersburg Florida.
Sleeps 4 owners and guests in 2 staterooms, plus 1 dinette and 1 settee berth for a total of 6 berths. Luxurious appointments with teak bulkheads, teak and holly sole, teak railings and detailing, soft headliner.
The owner's stateroom is aft, and very private, with the walk-thru and center cockpit layout. The queen sized berth is athwartship with easy access on seat/steps, great view aft thru opening ports on transom, port & starboard, and large overhead hatch all provide great ventilation. There is lots of storage including his-hers hanging lockers, and drawers. The head with separate shower closes off from the cabin, so the sink/vanity can be used when occupied.
Forward thru the walkway is a workbench/storage area outboard, and triple door access to the large engine compartment inboard, and electric controls above, including additional 110v panel for the new air conditioning. Just forward is the large Nav station with swing out stool, and lots of electronics including a 15" Samsung LCD monitor set up for your PC computer and nav programs, Raymarine RL70C, SSB radio, Raypilot 650 (with remote at helm), VHF, Stereo with SPS-4 speaker selection system, and more.
Main salon is just forward, a liquor cabinet with teak and glass door, then a long settee to port with additional storage above, outboard, and under settee, plus TV in a bulkhead cabinet, which hooks to a portable DVD player. The U-shaped dinette is across to starboard with large teak table, which has brackets to move the swivel nav stool and forward cabin desk stool for additional seating. Again, storage outboard, above, and under.
The galley is aft, to starboard of the companionway steps. The u-shaped galley features marble counter tops, deep double stainless steel sinks, propane stove with oven, top and front loading refrigerated box, top loading freezer, and workable space under a seaway convenient to the cockpit.
Forward is the office-2nd cabin, which is large and spacious with a long settee to starboard (which converts to a berth) and an upper berth outboard, with storage under. The desk is to port with a swing out stool, cabinetry above for computer and monitor, hanging locker just aft, and more cabinetry forward.
Thru the bulkhead door forward is the second head and sink vanity with marble top and stainless steel sink, medicine cabinet above. There is a hand-held shower, which is plumbed with a drain. The louvered doors above and forward gain easy access to the large chain and storage deck locker. This is storage you have to see to appreciate.
A very solid and well-built boat. Lots of opening ports and hatches provide light and ventilation. The solid teak and attention to detail make for that luxurious yet traditional feel.
The Liberty 45 is an excellent offshore, livaboard center cockpit, live a board cruiser with a great heritage. Built into the proven hull design of the Jack Kelly 44 (with over 200 hulls sailing) Peter Hoyt designed the interior and deck to an extended hull version. Started in the early 1980's, Liberty Yachts, to mean "freedom", built 31 boats ending in 1988. They were built to a higher standard than Taiwan boats of the time, in the Shin Fa yard.
This is hull 20 which the previous and this owner continually maintained and upgraded the boat. This is the 2-cabin model with office/convertible settee version forward. No teak decks, new fuel tanks, new batteries, new canvas (including additional bimini for aft deck). There is lots of equipment including huge ground tackle package, upgraded electronics, air conditioning/reverse cycle heat, 5KW generator, graphite whisker pole, and much more.
- Upholstery Replaced
- Additional Mattress in aft berth
Galley is modern, bright and well equipped for offshore cruising including conveniences such as microwave oven and a double stainless steel sink.
- Microwave Oven ('03)
- Double Stainless Steel Sink
- Adler/Barbour Cold Machine (DC) New '2010
- Cold Plate Freezer Compartment (AC)
- Grunert Cold PlateSystem Front & Top Loading
- Pressure and Manual Water Systems
- Water Heater replaced with 110v isotemp 6 gallon
- Two 10 gal. Propane tanks
- 4-Burner Propane Stove w/Oven
- XINTEX S-2A Propane Detector
- Galley Gusher Foot Pump
- Inline Water Filters with replaceable cartridges for fresh water
- 110V Raritan Icerett Icemaker
- Additional stand alone Engel refrigerator/freezer
- Corian Galley Countertops
- Replaced all 3 Faucets
- Water Maker upgraded to 12v Spectra 150
- Raymarine RL80C ('03)
- 10" Display Chartplotter/Helm Cockpit
- Remote Control ST600R for Raytheon Raypilot 650
- (Chips) Maine to Puerto Vallarta
- Wireless Autopilot control head
- Garmin 50 Hand-held GPS w/ped clip & 12V outlet
- (2) Ram Mics (03) for Standard Horizon VHF
- Raytheon Speed, Depth instruments over companionway
- Raytheon Wind Instrument over companionway
Navigation Station Electronics
- Raymarine RL70C - 7" Screen (03)
- Samsung Syncmaster 15" LCD Monitor Set-up for Computer Display for New Owner to Integrate his own computer
- ICOM SSB IC-M802 ('03)
- Standard Horizon VHF GS1500s with RAM mic in Cockpit
- ICOM M72 VHF Radio
- Raytheon Speed and Depth repeater instruments
- Iridium Satphone and antenna
- (2) Ram Mics ('03 and '11)
- Upgraded Raymarine Smart Pilot autopilot -course computer, control head with wireless control,fluxgate compass, rudder sensor
- Standard Horizon Speed, depth at Nav Station
- Tank Tender System - Waste & Fuel
- CMAP chips for East Coast U.S, Entire Caribbean,Pacific from Ecuador to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico.
- 'Wirie' external wireless antennae and USB booster cables for internet access
- Garmin GPS Handheld Max 67
- SPS-4 Speaker selection system
- Speakers in Salon, Cockpit and Aft Berth
- Kenwood Radio/CD IPOD Player new in 2011
- 'Popcorn' media tank (hard drive plus USB and CAT5 connections; for additional digital movies on hard drives.
- 2 Flat Screen TV's , 12v aft cabin, Samsung 110v in Salon
- 2 Mariner Folding Bicycles
- 6)- 12V Turbo Fans interior
- West Marine WC40 Charger/Monitor for house battery bank
- Heart Link 10 Monitor for Start and House Batteries.
- Replaced 4 6v Lifeline House Batteries in 2011. 600 amp hours total.
- New Engine Batteries in '07: 3 Lifeline 12V.
- Northern Lights Genset, 5KW, 4,185 Hours
- New Genset injectors and pump in '10.
- 300w Solar Panel in addition to the 3 45w panels
- Blue Sky 'Solar Boost' MPPT controller
- (2) AC/Reverse Cycle Heat - 16K BTU
- Main Salon New ('07) Marine Comfort System w/Digital Control
- Aft Cabin Cruise Air
- New Pump Salt Water Air Conditioning
- (2) 12v outlets in cockpit
- (2) 30amp dockside connector's w/cable and 50 amp Y.
- Airx Wind Generator with controller /ammeter
- 1500 Watt Inverter
- No teak decks - painted in '98
- Electric Windlass
- Dual Anchor roller
- 66lb Claw Anchor w/ 300' 5/8" Chain added in 2010
- 60lb CQR w/ 50' chain and 250' Rode
- Fortress 37 w/ 50'chain and 300' 3/4" rode
- Raised bulwarks for safety at sea
- Hawse holes mooring cleats
- Teak heavy duty strike rails
- Varnished Teak Caprail
- Mast safety rails
- New Heavier Dock Lines
- Rail Mounted Outboard Hoist
- Stainless steel frame ports and windows
- Aluminum hatches
- Graphite Whisker Pole ('04)
- Dodger w/ss frame
- Bimini w/ss frame
- New Canvas - ('03/'04) with full vinyl enclosure plus zip-in bug screen panels side and aft for warm weather (-07)
- Boom gallows
- Aft Deck Bimini w/ss frame
- SS Magna Propane Grill
- Solar Panel - Engine Battery charging
- SS dinghy davits
- 9' Walker Bay Dinghy with floation collar, including sailing kit ( mast, boom,sail, rudder and daggerboard in 2010
- 5 HP Mercury Outboard in 2010
- 2 Sit on top BIC Kayaks with paddles
- Browine Air Compressor (gas) w/ 150' hose, 2 single stage Regulators
- 2 Weight belts (velcro pouches) and pony tank attachments
- 2 Emergency 'Pony Tanks' and regulators
- Canvas Awnings
- Removable teak café style hatch boards
- Wood Pedestal Wheel w/stainless steel spokes
- Teak seat inserts
- Removable cockpit sole for engine access
- 12V Dining Light and 12V Rope Light
- Custom pedestal pod
- Varnished cockpit table
- Custom cockpit cushions
- Cockpit coaming storage
- 4 Adjustable Seat Cushions
Rigging and Sails
- Harken Roller furling Genoa
- Harken Roller furling staysail
- Headsail replaced in 2008
- Mainsail with Lazy Jacks
- Control lines led to cockpit
- Graphite Whisker pole w/mast track
Engine and Mechanical Details
- Replaced Fuel Tanks SS - 160 Gallons, (2) P & (2) S Tanks interconnected ('03)
- New Freshwater Pump ('11)
- New Bilge Pump - 12V plus spare
- Gusher Hand Bilge Pump
- Balmar 100 amp alternator
- Exhaust System replaced in 2009 including Tempature light / buzzer
- New Electric Fuel Pump on Engine in 2009
- Tank Tender Monitor System - Fuel and Waste
- Halon automatic fire extinguisher
- WC 40amp 2-stage battery charger
- Northern lites 5Kw Generator (rebuilt '98)
- Replaced Holding Tank (plastic)
- 406 MHz EPIRB (New Battery '05)
- Ocean Crossing First Aid Kit
- Life Sling
- 6 Type III Lifejackets
- 2 "Throwable" Life Rings
- MOB Float with Flagpole
- Bosuns Chair with 'ascenders'
- MOB ladder
- Life Raft 2008
- 4 New Fire Extinguishers in 2010
- Two 50' Jacklines wiith tethers
- 2 Mustang inflatable life jackets with harnesses
- Flare Package (pistol and handheld)
- Paper Charts and Crusing Guides
Spare Parts / Equipment
'Susurra' is a proven blue water yacht that is very well equipped. Below is a partial list to the many spare parts onboard this solid cruising yacht.
- Alternator, Regulator, Propane Solenoids
- Water maker filters and membrane
- Spare oil, air and fuel filters for both Engine and Generator
- Fuel pumps, raw water pumps,1200w Inverter
- Spare dock lines, Halyards, Sheets, Etc.
- Raw Water Pump for Genset
- 4 Five gallon Fuel jerry cans
- 3 Five gallon Water jerry cans
- 2 Two and a half gallon gas cans
- Hoses, clamps,screws,bolts,miscellaneous hardwareand fittings.
- Various wire, connectors and electrical parts.
'Susurra' has a lot to offer the discriminating yachtsman. As you can see from the detailed equipment list , this yacht is well equipped including many spare parts essential to a successful cruise.
Items known to not be working at this time are;
- Wind Speed / Direction Indicator
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.