Altre Caratteristiche, Attrezzatura ed Informazioni:
Nome della barca
Costruttore: Little Harbor
Designer: Ted Hood
L.F.T. Lunghezza fuori tutto: 59 ft 9 in
Larghezza: 17 ft 3 in
Pescaggio minimo: 5 ft 5 in
Pescaggio massimo: 5 ft 5 in
Dislocamento: 35517 kgs
Potenza totale: 1520 HP
Marca motore: MTU
Modello motore: 8V 183TE93
Tipo motore: Entrobordo-EB
Potenza Motore: 760 HP
Marca motore: MTU
Modello motore: 8V 183TE93
Tipo motore: Entrobordo-EB
Potenza Motore: 760 HP
Numero letti singoli: 6
Numero cabine: 4
Numero di toilet: 3
Velvet Glove is a professionally-maintained little ship, built to the highest standard by Little Harbor. The boat has been continuously upgraded, with a refit in 2014, and is presented in excellent condition. She can comfortably accommodate six guests in three separate cabins, each with its own head and shower, plus one crew. She is beautifully finished and her interior is in stunning condition for her vintage. She is a few hundred cables away from the white plastic fly-bridge brigade, and is highly practical, with plenty of accommodation, very safe working decks, a proper walk-in engine room, with proper MTU engines.
She is lying in Italy, an easy drive from either Genoa or Nice airports, and has a continual guardiennage arrangement. Her exterior varnish is just being touched up as required, and she is fully in commission for your viewing.
“The boat is highly specified from a technical, comfort and domestic perspective, she is easily managed by a couple and she is hugely admired wherever she goes. She has been maintained by an experienced yachtsman and her owner is selling only because he needs more accommodation in a bigger boat.”
This Little Harbor 60 is a custom built classic style motor yacht designed by Ted Hood and built in 1995 at the Little Harbor Yachts yard in Portsmouth, Rhode Island, USA (currently owned by Hinckley). She is a seaworthy design of all fibre-glass construction with a raked stem, transom cockpit stern with swim platform and spade rudders. The yacht’s unique design provides an attractive raised bridge, but without the height and design penalties normally associated with fly-bridges.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- The hull is constructed in 1" Airex foam core with vinylester resin for the exterior skins.
- The bottom is epoxy coated, with a full refinish in 2009.
- The hull is painted in dark green Awlgrip (2009), with a silver cove stripe, a white boot stripe and black antifouling (2013).
- The boat has varnished teak gunwales, toe rail and fore/ aft beading (all re-finished in May 2016), Awlgrip grey non slip decks (2013) and white Aw/grip topsides and cockpit sides (2011).
- The deck is constructed in FRP with Divinycell/1 H-80 foam core.
- The aft cockpit deck, bathing platform and port and starboard side-wells are hand laid teak.
- The hand laid teak on the aft cockpit deck and bathing platform was replaced in 2009.
- Bulkheads are built of marine grade plywood bonded to the hull and deck with FRP and Airex foam spacers.
- Floor beams are extruded FRP, interlocked and bonded to the hull for rigid support of the cabin sole.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Velvet Glove is powered by twin, eight cylinder supercharged MTU 8V 183TE93 engines producing 760hp at 2,400 rpm.
- The exhaust system includes underwater wet exhaust discharge and wet injected exhaust above the waterline to assist quiet operation.
- The engine room is accessed from the crew cabin/ utility area by a single water-tight door.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Total hours on each engine are approximately 3,150 at June 2016.
- Cruising speed: 18 knots.
- Maximum speed: 21 knots @ 2,400RPM.
- Range: 900nmi.
Propulsion & Steering:
- The boat is fitted with an American Bow Thruster 37hp, 12" diameter bow thruster powered by a hydraulic motor that works off the port main engine and with a clutch activated from each of the two steering stations.
- The engines drive ZF IRM-350 gears driving 3" Aquamet 22 shafts and Michigan 34" x 41" 5 blade propellers.
- Steering is through a Kobelt hydraulic steering system with twin helm pumps and dual hydraulic rams.
- Trim is controlled by two Bennett trim tabs with analogue gauges at each of the two steering stations.
Other Mechanical Equipment:
- The engine room also houses the hydraulic pump for the Bow Thruster, the 8 KW Northern Lights Generator, the 130 litre hot water heater.
- 24V ships system with 12V droppers as required.
- Ships service bank, engine cranking bank, and generator cranking bank.
- 12 Volt and 24 Volt battery chargers.
- 2 x Northern Lights 16 kVa (5288 hrs) & 8 kVa (905 hrs) generators.
- 220/110 transformer and connection and cables for shore power.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- The fresh water is provided by two separate 24 Volt pumps (one forward, one aft) working through a pressure tank in the lazarette.
- Freshwater pressure tanks (2014).
- A Sea Recovery watermaker with automatic flushing – housed in aft starboard cockpit locker.
- Total capacity of 5,867 litres.
- The boat has three main fuel tanks (one mid, two aft) and a day tank providing gravity feed to the engines.
- The day tank is filled automatically from the main tanks by one of two fuel pumps that can be designated by the operator.
- There are two fresh water tanks, one fore and one aft.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- There are two grey water tanks.
- There are two black water tanks.
- The blackwater tanks can be discharged overboard while at sea through macerator pumps or pumped out through deck outlets in a marina.
Instrumentation on the raised bridge features a Raymarine E125 Hybridtouch MDF and radar (2013) - note the Raymarine unit in the Saloon is a 2008 model, Simrad AP22 auto pilot (2003), B&G H5 921 instruments with multi-display and four 20/20 displays, ICOM VHF, Standard LH5 loudhailer, engine room cameras with monitor (2013) and a Garmin back-up Chart Plotter.
The raised bridge and lower steering station are each fitted with Headhunter Tank Sentry fuel gauges for each of the three main fuel tanks and the day tank.
- Forward, port side is the galley with an Urban three burner induction electric cooker and oven (2013), an Amana microwave (2004), a Fisher & Paykel drawer type dishwasher (2009), a Vitrifrigo twin drawer refrigerator (2009) and a deep, double sink.
- The three FSA electric heads (2009) discharge into the blackwater holding tanks, with an optional by-pass for discharge overboard.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Marine Air50/60 cycle reverse cycle Air conditioner compressor with 100,000 BTU capacity (2014).
- There is air conditioning / heating fitted throughout, including in the engine room, crew cabin and raised bridge deck.
- All cabins are fitted with individual radios and CD players.
- TV, Stereo and iPod sound system in saloon.
Summary of Accommodation:
- This unique motor yacht accommodates six guests in three cabins plus quarters for one crew.
- The guest cabins all have satin finished teak walls and gloss finished teak and holly floors.
Description of layout from forwards:
Forward Stateroom: The forward guest cabin features a large V-berth, numerous storage lockers and a hanging locker lined with aromatic western cedar. An enclosed private head and shower are aft to starboard.
Port Stateroom: The port guest cabin has a double berth with single drawer above, ample drawer storage and a hanging locker, cedar lined. A private head and shower is to starboard, across the passageway.
Master Stateroom: The spacious master stateroom is aft and features a queen size bed, twin night tables, multiple cedar lined hanging lockers and drawers, a settee, an ensuite head and a separate shower. There are companionways up to the saloon forward and to the aft cockpit deck.
Crew Cabin: The single crew cabin is below, forward of the watertight door to the engine room, and is part of the laundry/utility area. The laundry is fitted with AEG independent washer and dryer.
The forward and port cabins lead to a companionway with steps up to the saloon and steps down to the engine room, laundry and crew cabin.
Galley: Counter tops are in Jade Mist Corian. There is convenient fitted storage for condiments and the like in the galley area and adequate custom storage for glasses, china and cooking equipment throughout the saloon.
Saloon: The saloon interior has satin finished teak-paneled walls throughout with a gloss finished teak and holly floor. The saloon is located over the utility area and engine room, has steps down to the guest cabins forward and to the master stateroom aft and steps up to the raised bridge aft. There are custom flush pantographic doors leading from the saloon to the side decks, port and starboard.
Raised bridge: The raised bridge is located above the master stateroom and has hand laid teak decking, two adjustable steering seats, a stainless steel wheel with leather trim and an L shaped settee starboard and aft. There are separate Panish dual-lever controls for gears and throttles for each engine and a Bow Thruster control along with full MTU engine instrumentation including a tachometer, gear oil pressure, gear temperature, low oil pressure alarm and high temperature alarm.
The raised bridge is covered with a removable beige coloured canvas/acrylic bimini top and transparent acrylic side and back panels. The centre forward windscreen can be opened inwards with an electric motor control at the raised bridge steering station.
- There are two flush, teak laid hatches for the lazarette in the aft cockpit deck with moulded rain channels.
- Stainless steel work includes a bow pulpit, 24" stanchions and double lifelines leading to the aft cockpit, twin anchor rollers and ten rounded built-in mooring line fairleads installed flush in the toe rail with cleats.
- The boat features custom Hood designed portholes and stylish exterior stainless steel grills covering the air inlets for the engine room and the outlets for the air conditioning.
- There is a fresh water tap located by the windlass for anchor wash down.
- The boat is fitted with a hand laid teak bathing platform with three foldaway cleats for dingy mooring, a folding bathing ladder and a hot and cold freshwater wash down hose.
- The boat is fitted with an Opacmarine hydraulic passarelle (2014) for stern docking.
- The lazarette is under the aft cockpit deck and, in addition to ample storage areas, houses the 16kW generator, the water-maker, fresh water pressure tanks the air –conditioning compressor and the compressor.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- The boat is fitted with two stainless steel 45KG Bruce anchors, one with 300' chain rode.
- The anchors are managed by a Lewmar 2500 series 24 Volt windlass with a 3500 series motor equipped for operation with chain and rope.
- The windlass can be operated from both the foredeck and the Fly bridge.
- There are three separate windlasses (2014) for handling mooring lines, one on the bow and two on the stern, Port and Starboard.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cream canvas bimini and sprayhood.
- Cream cockpit cushions.
- Cream canvas protection for varnished surfaces.
Tender & Outboard:
- The boat’s transom is fitted with stainless steel Simpson davits operated by 24 Volt motors that lift a 3.5 metre RIB (2014) fitted with a six horsepower, four stroke Yamaha outboard engine (2013).
- There is an automatic fire extinguishing system with automatic engine shut-down in the engine room (2014), with manual controls and discharge alarms on the raised bridge.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.