---Seller says SELL! Price has been reduced $10,000 as of 21 August - ask your questions and make plans to come for inspection SOON!
Lucky you! Here is one of the newest and best built Colvin-designed schooners available today, well maintained in excellent ready-to-cruise condition, and bargain priced for an immediate sale! That’s a rare and winning combination worthy of anyone’s full consideration!
Naval Architect Thomas E. Colvin has drafted, built, and sold plans for many successful designs of cruising boats and other craft, plans often sold to dreamers of faraway places to be constructed “at home” of welded aluminum or steel plate. The success of Colvin’s designs are seen with countless examples found in use and loved by happy owners all over the world!
But this particular schooner is far better than many, and here are some of the reasons why:
--This design, Doxy, has about 40% more interior volume than the cramped but better-known Gazelle design.
--The lead filled keel is one foot deeper than the original design, greatly improving stability and upwind sailing performance.
--After construction the entire boat was sandblasted inside and out, and then the deck and house were hot zinc flame-sprayed (galvanized) including inside and outside of gunnels, followed by five coats of Devoe Bar-Rust 235 epoxy paint sprayed on and topcoated with alkyd enamel. Bilge areas have ten coats of that epoxy paint!
--In January, 2015, the hull bottom was sandblasted bare, then two coats of epoxy primer, two coats of coal tar epoxy, and three coats of antifouling were applied. Splash this boat and GO!
--Also in 2015: two Trojan deep cycle 6-volt batteries and one Trojan deep cycle 12-volt battery were added. A new carburetor was installed on the low-use generator. A new 75-watt solar panel, Blue Sky 2000E solar controller, and 400-watt wind generator were installed.
--An impressive inventory of many anchors and excellent quantities of chain and rode promote wonderful sleep.
So here is your ideal cruising sailboat, already conveniently located in one of the best cruising areas in the world: the pristine Western Caribbean! Now safely tucked up the Rio Dulce in Guatemala for hurricane season, same-day cruising from the Rio can have you snorkeling or diving the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world – Belize it! Or, it’s just an overnighter away to experience the Bay Islands of Honduras (Utila, Roatan, Guanaja, etc.). Great Yacht, Great Location… it’s time to have fun!
Proceed with the peace of mind fostered by a brokerage reputation built on professionalism and integrity. SYS Brokerage only accepts yacht listings with realistic or bargain prices, listings that our brokers can represent truthfully as being worthwhile.
Listing agent: Chris Stanley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 502-5723-4940
(If calling from North America, first dial "011".)
--The keel bottom is ½ inch, keel sides are ¼ inch, hull is 3/16 inch and deck/house is 10 gauge (slightly over 1/8 inch) steel.
--Current manual anchor windlass can easily be made chain-driven/electric if wished.
--Autopilot info: There is a new Nexus HPC electronic compass (plus the original flux gate) for the self steering. Also a spare control head. AND there is a new electric/hydraulic linear drive (Octopus brand) plus a complete spare (these retail for about $2G each)
--Has an AIS receiver and antenna.
--Link 10 battery monitor.
--Main engine fuel has two Racors for secondary filtration (10 micron and 2 micron) after primary heavy-duty truck filters, one water-blocking.
--Beefy 1-3/8" propshaft with Lasdrop shaft seal plus standard bronze stuffing box as spare, and a spare propeller!
--7.5 hp Mercury 2 stroke (older but low hours).
--Numerous electric pumps (pressure and washdown).
• 66 pound Bruce (genuine)
• 66 pound Bruce (custom built)
• 55 pound CQR-type(custom built)
• 45 pound Danforth
• 60 pound folding Bruce (stock removes, custom built)
• All above with extra heavy duty swivels and shackles
• Pair of 22 lb CQR
• Dinghy anchor
• 100 feet 3/8 hi-tensile (used one season)
• Various lengths of 3/8 BB and 7/16 chain (about 200 feet)
• Several hundred feet ¾ inch nylon
• Several hundred feet ½ inch nylon
• Extra heavy duty anchor rollers (port and starboard) and cheeks
• Galvanized rigging (new in 2006) and galvanized heavy turnbuckles
• Sails: mainsail, 2 staysails, roller furling yankee and 120% jib, all as new, with minor patch on staysail
• Main mast is 40 feet, fore-mast is 36 feet, heavy wall aluminum with custom built stainless goosenecks and rigging hardware
• Hood self furling, working well
• Pressure water with charcoal filter
• Force 10 propane stove with excellent oven, piezo lighting, fail safe burners on stove top and oven (shuts off propane if flame goes out)
• Double deep SS sinks
• Built in icebox with separate compressor unit
• Combinations of standard, fluorescent and led lighting
• Large inventory of spare parts and tools.
• Spare high output alternator and external regulator
Bruno's Marina & Hotel
Rio Dulce, Livingston, Izabal