This superbly equipped Nauticat 515 was built in 2002 and has been professionally maintained by the Hamble Nauticat team in UK and Hopeasalmen Telakka in Finland.
It offers two double cabins and two twin berth cabins and is ideally suited to local or distant water cruising. Please call to arrange a viewing.
For clients in UK, you can contact:
Mr. Clive Stratton - Stratton Marine Ltd in U.K
Tel +44 (0)7785 555333
or directly our office in Turku, Finland
mobile +358 400 520 454
Detailed High Resolution pictures in Google Drive:
Curtains for side windows.
Glomex TV aerial, outlet. VHF aerial, cable in pilothouse.
17” flatscreen TV on top of the pilothouse starboard side locker. DVD player.
Additional 220V both UK and European type socket.
Radio/CD -player with 2 loudspeakers in each cabin and saloon.
Table with intarsia compass figure.
Holder for glasses and plates in 3 pantry cupboards. Cover plate for gas stove. Multipurpose micro oven with grill 220v - Miele.
Freshwater foot pump in addition to standard arrangement. Sea water foot pump.
Force 10 3-flame cooker with oven and grill instead of standard.
Standard cool box to be divided; lower part and freezer, upper part coolbox. Additional cool box and stainless steel 160l fridge. Cool box machinery replaced 2012-13 – CASU 3201k
Converts to double berth. Plenty of storage.
Double berth plus settee which can be converted to a sea-berth.
Additional 220V both UK and European type socket.
Radio/CD/DVD player. Glomex TV aerial, outlet. 17” flatscreen hanging on the roof in front of aft cabin cockpit sole.
6cms thick backrest around the bed in Alcantara blue. Aft cabin sofa textile to be Alcantara blue. Antimoisture material for one double berth.
Custom built double berth. Ample storage. Radio/CD -player. Fitted with wardrobe, lockers and desk with folding seat.
Two heads, one located aft and one located forward. Both heads have separate shower cubicles.
Elecric flush, fitted 2015.
Cabins 3 & 4
Fitted with twin berths and plenty of storage. Radio/CD
Special interior layout with 4 cabins (two twin cabins and two double cabins) including all special details.
Soft furnishings for 2 twin cabins and 2 double cabin. Curtains. All reading lights are Munster cabin small lights. 220V UK and European type sockets in all cabins and toilets.
Courtesy lights for night illumination [3 pcs]. Safebox laminated in the hull.
Blue carpets in all cabins in addition to standard.
Additional ceiling lights [4 pcs]. Mosquito screens [6 pcs]. Roll shutters [5 pcs].
Antimoisture material for 8 single berths. Lee cloths [8 pcs].
Clock & barometer, brass.
Teak deck including teak in cockpit and stern steps. Teak on the upper side of backrests in cockpit. Teak on pilothouse roof and front cabin roof.
Davits, Båtsystem DV42, 2014
Boarding bow ladder in s/s with teak steps.
Side boarding ladder.
Bowsprit, Bruce anchor and roller. Additional roller on bowsprit. A belt at bowsprit fwd end and nets on both sides.
Additional cleats, pair, midships, 2 pairs.
Blue Sprayhood, 2015; Bimini; Sun awning. Sun cover for pilothouse front windows, external. Safety lines. Side boarding gates to port and starboard. Cushions for cockpit, blue. Table in cockpit.
Additional anchor chain, 90 metres.
Additional deck light.
Radar reflector with s/s brackets. Windex. Tricolour light on top of mast.
Covers for turnbuckles [6 pcs].
Fresh water shower on aft deck, hot/cold.
Stainless steel backrests for cockpit seats. Stainless steel backrests with round cushions on aft deck hatch sides. Courtesy lights also in cockpit with covers [2 pcs].
On both sides of the pilothouse middle front window step in s/s with teak. Both fwd cabin hatches to have vents. Winch handle pockets [2 pcs].
Separate backrest for cockpit Helmsman, loosen.
In aft deck storage place holders for each winch handle. Midship warps. Extra fenders. Hooks for warps and fenders. Boat hook.
Bracket for outboard engine.
Rig / Sails
Electric reefing gear for genoa Profurl NDE52, controls in cockpit.
Additional halyard in mast. Extra wire halyard for storm jib with s/s deck-eye and extra rope halyard.
Mainsail with 3 reefs. Single line reefing system.
Lazy jack system including Selden RCB22 ballbearing system.
Carbon fibre spinnaker boom, conical with special polished Selden fitting. Carbon fibre jockey pole.
130% Furling genoa.
Gennaker with snuffer (North, 2013)
Navigation & Safety
Autoflug Modula +6 person liferaft in container [2 pcs], inspected 2015
Autohelm ST6000+ autopilot system type 3 in cockpit. Autohelm ST6000R remote control. Raytheon 650 autopilot repeated inside.
Autohelm ST60 multi instrument inside. Autohelm ST60 wind instrument in cockpit. Tachometer in cockpit.
Special one-off big steering pedestal in cockpit to fit 10” screen.
RL80CRC colour 10” radar/plotter MARPA, HSB inside. 4kW radome antenna.
Raystar 120 WAAS/EGNOS GPS receiver. Raynav 300 GPS navigator for computer above the Raypilot.
Fixed 15” TFT colour screen at steering pedestal inside with separate keyboard pull-out under the chart table with computer inside locker.
10” display for plotter/fishfinder colour at cockpit steering position.
Navtec ICS 6 received without paper.
Raymarine 230E VHF radiotelephone inside and second unit outside.
McMurdo Precision GPS EPIRB 406mhz.
Inmarsat Mini M Satellite telephone.
Possio paper fax.
Loudspeakers in cockpit, pair.
Fire extinguishers 2 x 6kg and 2 x 4kg. 4 fire blankets.
Lifesling. 2 Horseshoe buoyancy aids with holders.
4 pcs of safebelt fittings in pantry and special fixings and adjustable belt.
Harken 46.2 STE-H electric winches, pair, for main in lieu of standard.
Harken 64.2 STE-H electric winches, pair, for main in lieu of standard.
Harken 56.2 electric winch on starboard side and 56.2 mechanical on port side for spinnaker.
One electric ST46.2 winch on top of pilothouse roof for reefing lines.
Horizontal electric windlass with a foot switch, 1200 watts. Control panel for windlass in cockpit. Up/down function for windlass.
Westerbeke 7.5kW diesel generator.
Shorepower system 220v. Shore power cable.
- Automatic battery charger Mastervolt Chargemaster 24/100-3, replaced 2015 together with Mastershunt 500 and Circuit braker
- Inverter Mastervolt MASS 24/1500, replaced 2011
Remote control panel for inverter.
Converter 24V > 12V.
Electric ventilator for toilet.
Perkins 130hp diesel engine.
Start and stop of engine from cockpit.
Tidesmarine FSK-40M propeller shaft seaing
Ambassador rope cutter for propeller shaft.
Bow propeller (twin) 12v, 10hp, control at outside steering position. Additional joystick for bow propeller.
Stern propeller 7hp.
Freshwater gauge for water tanks.
Isotemp water heater 55l, heated by engine. Connection of Isotemp to 220v system.
Watermaker Sea Recovery 230 VAC, 62l/h. ( has been out of use for 6 years )
2 x Eberspächer D5LC, 4800 watt, heater with thermostat.
Aurora 6kW air heating by main engine.
Air conditioning unit 12000 BTU 220V [2 pcs].
Navtec hydraulic backstay tensioners [2 pcs].
Tank-valve for generator. Boxes for tools, oils etc, in the engine room.
Gel batteries instead of standard ones.
Seagull active carbon filter and tap for fresh water.
Spares kit and storage in engine room for fuses and spares, etc. Toolkit.
Connection of both heads to holding tank.
Electric sea water pump, outlets on aft deck and in anchor box, tap in galley.
The Nauticat 515 was designed to be a long distance cruising yacht that would perform well under sail while still offering a lot of comfort. The basic layout of the deck includes a center cockpit arrangement. Belowdeck, the standard of design and craftsmanship is exceptionally high. The new Nauticat 515 combines classical elegance with spaciousness. The Nauticat 515 can be specified with several different layouts which can be further customized. Every Nauticat is thoroughly tested at the yard before delivery.
NC 515 - Standard Specifications & Standard Equipment
- A hand-laminated fiberglass construction with layers of mat and woven rowing
- The longitudinal stringers, the engine bed and the transverse floor bearers stiffen the hull
- All main bulkheads and other structural panels are bonded to the hull where appropriate
- The engine bed has captive steel plates for the securing of engine mounts
- The hull color is white with a double blue waterline and a single blue cove line
- The keel consists of a fiberglass section, forming a part of the hull, and of an external lead ballast. This is fixed by stainless steel bolts with double nuts and stainless steel internal backing plates
Deck and Superstructure
- Deck and the superstructure are one-piece molding constructed, entirely of hand laminated fiberglass with a white gelcoat surface
- Rigidity is achieved with deck beams formed by the use of polyurethane foam
- All surfaces including the pilothouse roof have an anti-slip finish
- The anchorbox in the foredeck has top access hatches
- 6 heavy duty cleats with adjacent chocks are employed for safe mooring of the vessel, 2 forward, 2 aft and 2 amidships
- All windows are made of toughened safety glass fitted in alloy frames
- The guardrail is made of solid teak which is mounted on stainless steel stanchions
- Boarding gates aft and starboard
- An intermediate lifeline is also run between the toe rail and guardrail
- The negative transom has an electrically operated hatch - bathing platform
- The propeller shaft is made from 40 mm acid proof steel with bronze bracket
- A large skeg mounted fiberglass rudder, with stainless steel webs and stock ensures good maneuverability and steerage
- Approximately 1570 liters of fuel is carried in 2 tanks, each tank has a deck level filler, with vent pipes and a separate hand-pump for taking out the dirt
- A single-lever Morse Teleflex control is provided at both steering stations
- An audible alarm indicating low oil pressure and high engine temperature is fitted in the pilothouse and the cockpit
- The engine is installed in a spacious, sound-insulated and separate engine room with access through a door in the aft guest cabin
- It is also possible to reach the engine room through the pilothouse floor, via hatches
- A selection valve in the engine room for selecting either tank
- The valve determines both flows of fuel, suction and return
- An engine room blower is fitted, for ventilation of the engine room
- Space reserved for an optional generator
- All underwater through-hull fittings have bronze seacocks
- Fresh water capacity - 1600 liters is divided in three stainless steel tanks
- All tanks are filled from the deck
- Pressure water system supplies toilets, galley and shower facilities
- Tubing in PVC - Stainless steel double sink in galley, wash basins in toilets
- A telephone type shower handle as standard in each toilet
- A manual and an automatic electric bilge pump with manual override
- Septic tank 245 liter and a pump-up fitting on deck
- The steering system is hydraulic with dual station controls, one in the pilothouse and one in the cockpit
- The cockpit is enclosed with a binnacle column and the steering pump has a compensation valve, to increase the feel of the rudder when sailing
- Both controls are self-contained and connected in parallel
- Acid-proof rudder stock with bronze bearings
- Rudder of GRP
- Emergency steering with a tiller connectable directly to the rudder stock
- Combined master switch for the starter and consumption batteries
- Charging is done by a 12V - 80 amp alternator and a parallel coupling relay
- Master switch panel has circuit breakers and these serve all circuits throughout the boat and cut out in the case of a short-circuit or overload
- Working and decorating lights are positioned throughout the boat where appropriate - Indirect lighting in the galley and the saloon
- Lights in all hanging lockers
- An engine room light is also fitted
- Instruments for oil pressure, engine temperature, revolutions, fuel tanks, voltage and amperage
- Running lights according to international regulations
- Navigation lights are mounted on the pulpit, the steaming light on the foreside of the mast and the stern light on the pushpit
- Anchor light on the top of the mast
- Deck light on the mast
Spars and Rigging
- The main mast is keel stepped, with double spreaders and intermediates
- All halyards are internal
- The boom is equipped with a Rodkick boom vang with gas cylinder
- The mast foot is made of metal and connected to the keel to give lightning protection
- Halyard winches - 1 x Lewmar 30 ST 2-speed, 1 x Lewmar 40 2-speed, 1 x Lewmar 30 2-speed
- Mainsail reefing winch - 1 x Lewmar 30
- Sheet winches - foresail, 2 x Harken 66 STA 3-speed; mainsail 2 x Harken 40 STA 2-speed
- Standing rigging -1 x 19, 10-14 mm dia., stainless steel wire
- Running rigging - internal halyards 7 x 19, stainless steel with ropetails; sheets of rope 16 mm dia.
- Turnbuckles and chain plates are made of acid-proof steel
- Solid teak and teak-faced marine plywood, except the laminate surfaces of the galley working area and the shower compartment
- All teak is satin varnished
- Floorboards of teak-faced plywood with light wood striping and varnished finish
- Wall-to-wall carpeting in the pilothouse
- Toilet and shower room floors are of mosaic tiles
- Floor drains in toilets
- Upholstery, curtain and carpet materials are available to complete the decor
- All interior layouts and designs can be varied to individual requirements
- V-berth and upper berth to port
- Clothes storage in full-length hanging locker
- Extensive bulk storage beneath the V-berth
- An openable hatch above
- Reading and general lights
- Located by the fwd cabin
- Marine pump type head, pressure water, basin and wall shower
- Curtain rail on the roof
- Ceiling light and a 12V outlet
- Storage behind, and underneath the washbasin
- Finished in light laminate
- Dorade vent and an opening hatch for ventilation
- Shower Room
- Aft head has pressure water and a washbasin
- Toilet is supplied with marine pump type head, septic tank and a pump-out fitting on deck
- Separate shower room with a wall shower and a dividing shower curtain
- Separate lights for both
- A 12V outlet in the toilet
- A big mirror and an openable window
- The shower room is also suitable for drying wet sailing gear
Galley and Dinette
- U-shaped galley provides storage and cabinetry for long cruises or living aboard
- Drawers and lockers for food storage and utensils
- A cutting board and a trash pail
- Twin enameled or stainless steel sinks and a three-burner gimbaled gas stove with an oven and flame guards
- Lots of counter space
- Opening overhead hatches above the galley and adjacent dinette plus dorade vents are included
- The dinette to starboard, has two settees and an adjustable table, bookshelves and cabinetry, and is indirectly lit
- Steering station is to starboard
- Main electrical switchboards and engine control instruments are here
- Plenty of space for additional radar, satnav etc.
- Raised seating area is to port
- Full visibility is provided for those sitting around the table and for the helmsman
- Windows are made of toughened safety glass in alloy frames
- 2 overhead hatches, on port and starboard
- Companionway has sliding translucent hatch and openable washboards which are fixed to the boat
Aft Cabin Arrangements
- Standard layout includes a guest cabin, which is on portside w- upper and lower berths, a wardrobe, and shelves and lockers as appropriate
- Openable window
- Access to the pilothouse is through the aft passageway which separates this cabin from the master stateroom
- May be used for a variety of different purposes (storage room etc.), it can also be eliminated and allocated to the master stateroom, which may be designed in several configurations with specific detailing to the purchaser's specification
- Master stateroom has a full-length double berth, with reading lights
- Storage cabinets, drawing lockers and a full-length wardrobe are provided
- Several openable windows on starboard and port
- Shelves and lockers, bookshelves and clothes lockers are placed as appropriate
- General illumination in the ceiling
Please note that changes to the standard specifications have been made.