This John Alden designed, Harvey Gammage built auxiliary gaff-rigged schooner is simply an amazing vessel... complete restoration done with style and knowledge. Pictures will speak for themselves. A true treasure.
HALF MOON was originally built in 1926 by Harvey Gamage in South Bristol, Maine to Design # 270 from John G. Alden of Boston, MA..
The first owner, 1926-1928 was F.C. Noble of Stamford, CT. She was then purchased by Dr. Walter W. Mott of Rye, NY, who owned her for four years, selling her to C.Y. Morse of Greenwich, CT in 1933. The Morse family maintained her in true yacht fashion, with the able assistance of a full time Captain, until 1980.
She sat in the shed at Consolidated Yacht Yard in City Island, NY, where she had wintered for years, until purchased in 1984 by the Lovelace family, also of Greenwich, CT.
By the early 2000's, she was showing her age and needed a thorough restoration. She was purchased by her present owner in 2004 who took on the task of restoring her with an eye toward giving her another full generation, maybe more, of healthy sailing.
The work was committed to Jim Titus at Mount Hope Boatworks Inc in Newport, RI. A complete restoration was completed in 2006.
P.O. Box 182, West Mystic, CT 06388
70 Essex St. (Mystic Shipyard)
Mystic, CT 06355