Brand/type : Wauquiez Pilot Saloon 55
Designer : Berret – Racoupeau Yacht Design
Interior design : Couëdel Hugon Design
Yard : Wauquiez, France
Year : 2015
Construction : Fibreglass
Length o.a. : 17.70m
Length w.l. : 15.42m
Beam : 4.95m
Draft : 2.30m
Weight : 19.500kg
Keel ballast : 6.900kg (lead)
Water (L) : 830L
Diesel (L) : 560L
Location : Breskens - Holland
VAT-status :VAT not paid
Flag : Not registered yet
- GRP/Balsa sandwich hull and deck built with the infusion process, ensuring an optimized resin/glass fibre ratio. Deck bonded to the hull via mechanical fasteners and polyurethane compound at bulwark level.
- Hull protected with a bisphenolic resin on outer layers of sandwich.
- White gelcoat hull.
- Composite hull structural grid, glassed and glued to the hull (acrylate urethane).
- Lead 2.30m draft keel, fastened with stainless steel bolts, nuts and counter plates.
- Rack & pinion transmission steering system with 2 steering wheels; composite rudder shaft.
- Teak side decks, forward part of coach house, cockpit seats and floor.
- 2 x Andersen 62FS electric multi function winches near steering positions with extra progressive power.
- 2 x Andersen 52.2FS-ST 2-speed electric spinnaker sheet winches
- 1 x Andersen 46.2FS stainless steel halyard winch on mast.
- 2 x Set of deck stoppers on cockpit coamings to port and starboard.
- Self-tacking jib rail with ball bearing car (sheet led aft via interior of mast).
- Turning blocks at mast step and cockpit coamings.
- Mainsheet system led to multifunction winch.
- Ball bearing “Black magic” Harken blocks.
- Custom carbon steering wheels 1100 diameter.
- Cockpit cushions in grey fabric.
- Telescopic carbon fibre davits (max. load 320kg).
- Translucent solar screens on windows.
- Bimini on arch (2 parts).
- 2 teak seats on aft pulpits.
- Tilting, teak slatted electric aft platform with remote control.
- Folding stainless steel swimming ladder, recessible in aft platform.
- 1 x Shore power inlet on transom with cable.
- Life raft storage under cockpit.
- Fresh water inlet.
- 2 x Steering positions with navigation panels, electronic engine control lever and engine panel to starboard steering position.
- Compass mounted on cockpit table.
- 2 x Lockers in front of steering stations with lids shaped as cockpit/side decks access steps.
- Emergency tiller.
- Gas struts on cockpit lockers lids.
- 2 x Large lockers on each side of aft platform with storage bags.
- 2 x Winch handle boxes.
- Storage compartments on each side of roof close to companionway.
- Cold moulded teak folding cockpit table with stainless steel handrail and integrated compass.
- 4 x Polished aluminium opening ports in cockpit for natural lighting and ventilation of the aft cabin.
- Composite arch receiving the mainsheet, the cockpit speakers and the cockpit lighting (also supports the optional bimini).
- 2 Grab rails on the arches.
- Spray hood (recessible in cabin top) with stainless steel structure and built-in grab rails.
- Bulwark covered with solid teak, 8 specific stainless steel fairleads.
- 8 x Stainless steel mooring cleats.
- Stainless steel water and fuel intake fillers.
- Stainless steel high stern pulpit with closing gate, life buoy support, flag pole support (flag pole included) and outboard engine support.
- “Open” type stainless steel pulpit.
- Triple stainless steel lifelines.
- 2 Deck lifelines with recessible attachment chain plates.
- Stainless steel Stanchions with lateral opening gates.
- 2 Stainless steel handrails on cabin top.
- 2 Stainless steel handrails on forward part of cabin top (can also serve as tender support).
- Manoeuvring lines and main halyard led under cabin top coaming covers above lateral windows.
- Large stained PMMA lateral windows with 3 louvers on each side to protect the 8 opening ports.
- Panoramic stained PMMA forward window.
- 7 x polished aluminium opening hatches, 4 x fixed portholes and 19 x opening ports.
- 1 x self-draining fender locker in starboard side decks
- 2 Ventilation dorade boxes on saloon cabin top.
- 2 Ventilation dorade boxes with stainless steel protection on forward cabin top.
- Forward skipper’s cabin with single berth, marine toilet and washbasin (instead of standard sail locker).
- Washer/dryer 5kg/230V in forepeak.
- Self-draining mooring locker with warp hook.
- Electric windlass 24V/2000W with vertical 12mm gipsy.
- Delta anchor 32kg/70lbs with 50m/12mm chain and 50m/22mm warp.
- Stainless steel bow fitting with deck protection, 2 anchor rollers, chain locking system ad gennaker attachment fitting.
- 6 x Mooring lines.
- 6 x Fenders.
Spars and Rigging
- Keel stepped anodised aluminium Sparcraft mast painted white, with in-mast furling.
- 3 Sets of aft swept spreaders.
- Anodised aluminium boom painted white.
- Rigid boom vang.
- Facnor electric Solent jib furler with tack on swivel.
- Single strand stainless steel rigging: double backstay, forestay, lower, intermediate and upper shrouds.
- Hull side fitted upper and lower chain plates.
- Running rigging: Main and jib halyards, boom topping lift, main and jib sheets, jib furling line alongside bulwark.
- Asymmetric spinnaker/reaching genoa gear with halyard, sheets, blocks and strop.
Sails (made in France)
- In-mast furling mainsail, triradial with vertical battens, hydranet, UV-protection, 76m2
- Self tacking furling Solent jib (Hydranet – triradial cut) 54 sqm with UV-protection.
- Reaching genoa with furler (Trilam/Mylar) 100m2.
- 1 x B&G Multi Function Z12 EMEA.
- 1 x B&G Triton 41 repeater.
- 1 x Shipmate RS25 VHF with wire free handset.
- B&G NAIS-400 Transponder.
- Cockpit port: 3 x B&G Triton 41 repeaters + command.
- Cockpit starboard: 3 x x B&G Triton 41 repeaters + command.
- Cockpit table: 1 x B&G Mult function screen Z12 EMEA
- Autopilot (Gyro compass RC42) and radar 4G BB
- 3-function captor: speed/depth/temp
- including: Navionics XL9 chart
The interior woodwork is built in teak and bees waxed.
The floorboards are made in Wengé. The deck is doubled with a GRP liner on which foamed vinyl covered slats are fastened. The hull liner is made in teak and/or vinyl covered slats. For an outstanding comfort matrasses are made of memory of form foam and cushions of Bultex double density foam. All berths are equipped with a slatted base and lee cloths and have cold moulded teak fiddles around the beddings.
- One level saloon with panoramic view whether standing, seating at the dinner table or chart table.
- Headroom 2.04m.
- Beige leather upholstery.
- Webasto reversible air-conditioning (water circuit & electric control).
- Bose stereo radio/CD/DVD/MP3 sound system with USB inlet, bass subwoofer (loudspeakers in saloon and cockpit).
- Curtains/roller shades on all windows/hatches/portholes.
- Mosquito screens on all opening hatches.
- Stainless steel handrails fitted on the ceiling and to port between the galley and the settee.
- Large technical and engine room under the floorboard.
- U-shaped dinette to starboard with dining table on double stainless steel footing.
- Extra sliding seat for two.
- Bar, storage under seats and backrests.
- Lounge chairs and navigation seat to port with storage behind backrests.
- Chart table with laptop dedicated space, bookrack and storage.
- 24V/230V electric control panel.
- Navigation instruments panel in brown leather.
- 4 Opening hatches and 5 lateral opening ports.
Main saloon to guest cabins gangway
- Locker to starboard.
- Access to batteries.
Galley to port
- Headroom 2.02m
- U-shaped galley port of the companionway.
- 2 lateral opening ports (one directly above stove).
- Stainless steel double sink with hot and cold water mixer tap.
- Large working space in synthetic marble.
- Stainless steel gimballed 3-burner stove with oven.
- 230V microwave oven.
- Stainless steel 24V refrigerator 160L.
- 24V Negative cold icebox (160L).
- Numerous lockers and storage.
- Double refuse bin.
- 6 Sets dishwasher.
- Exclusive “Wauquiez” crockery for 6 persons.
- Opening hatch in ceiling.
Aft master bedroom
- Headroom 1.90m and 1.86m under bridge deck.
- Master bedroom entertainment pack with 20” flatscreen TV, antenna and DVD-player.
- Double hanging locker to port.
- Vanity to starboard behind hanging locker, with table, lighting, mirror and seat.
- Centreline bed 2.05m x 1.60m with drawers under.
- Bedside areas with book storage and reading lamp on each side of the bed.
- Wood slats base under bed (2 parts).
- Lee cloths.
- Lockers and storage alongside hull.
- Lockers and storage under companionway.
- 5 opening ports and 2 fixed hull portholes.
Bathroom for aft master bedroom
- Deep washbasin with pressurized hot and cold water.
- Lit cabinet with mirror.
- Stainless steel toilet accessories.
- Electric toilet with fresh water flushing.
- Independent shower compartment with mixer tap, grating and automatic draining pump.
- 1 opening hatch and 2 opening portholes.
Guest bedrooms forward of saloon
Two symmetrical double bedrooms
- Headroom 1.94m
- Double beds 2.05m x 1.40m.
- Hanging locker.
- Lockers under beds.
- Night shelf above bed head.
- Opening hatch in ceiling.
- Fixed hull portholes.
- Dorade box for ventilation.
Two symmetrical guest bathrooms
- Washbasin with hot and cold pressurized water.
- Lit cabinet with mirror.
- Marine porcelain toilet with sea and fresh water flush system.
- Lateral opening port.
- Central shower with access from both bathrooms and opening hatch above.
- Yanmar 110hp engine with direct shaft transmission.
- 2 Electronic engine control levers at steering positions.
- 3-Blade folding MaxProp propeller.
- Rope cutter.
- 560L total fuel capacity (with decanting filter).
- 12V/85Ah engine start battery.
- Lit engine room with thermic/sound insulation.
- 24V/117kg Maxpower bowthruster with independent battery.
- 24V circuit with 8 x gel batteries (total capacity 540Ah).
- Insulated Onan generator 7kva (at 1.200 RPM) with 12v start battery.
- 24V/230V electric control panel at chart table.
- 2 x Mastervolt 60Ah battery chargers for 24V system.
- 1 x 25Ah battery charger for 12V batteries.
- Mastervolt batteries capacity control.
- Mastervolt inverter 24V/230V/1.500W.
- Recessed LED lights in ceiling.
- Switches with dimmers in saloon and at chart table.
- Reading lights at each bed, in the saloon and at the chart table.
- LED courtesy lights at floorboard level.
- LED navigation lights.
Plumbing and fresh water
- 830L total water capacity with electric gauges.
- Pressurized fresh water inlet.
- 75L water heater working via engine or via 230V circuit.
- 24V – 36L/h pressure water pump with expansion tank.
- Automatic electric draining pumps in shower compartments.
- 2 x 80L holding tanks in head compartments.
- Self-draining cockpit, fenders, gas and anchor lockers.
- Automatic / control panel immerged electric bilge pump in sump at lowest point in hull.
- Double action manual bilge pump in cockpit.
- Ventilated gas locker for two butane or propane containers.
- Solenoid safety valve.