Immaculate Mk2 ‘Next Generation’ X-Yachts Xc 45 from July 2015. Still under manufacturer’s warranty and boasting a massive cruising specification. Saving circa Euro 100k over list and immediately available so no need to wait.
ELIXIR represents a unique opportunity to acquire a Mk 2 ‘Next Generation’ example of the European Yacht
of the Year winning Niels Jeppesen designed X-Yachts Xc 45. Launched in July 2015, ELIXIR remains under
transferrable manufacturer’s warranty until July 2017 with the hull warranty remaining intact until 2020.
Commissioned for the existing owners of an Xc 42, ELIXIR boasts a very high cruising specification with
approx. Euro 185k in optional extras fitted over and above the standard specification. Highlights include:-
• Standard 2.20m keel
• 3-cabin, 2-heads classic layout in full teak with dedicated forward facing chart table and L-shaped
• Teak side decks and coachroof
• 8kw Fisher Panda generator
• Upgraded battery charger with 2kw inverter
• 29,000 BTU air-conditioning in all accommodation cabins additional units
• Retractable 24vDC bowthruster
• Spectra Newport 400 MK II Compact 60 l/h watermaker with Z-ion protection system
• Additional front-opening freezer
• Electric main halyard winch
• North sail package including gennaker
• Upgraded Raymarine instrument package including radar/chart plotter & AIS
• Fusion multimedia centre with Bose speakers
• 32” LED TV in saloon
• Curved windscreen with sprayhood
Perfectly suited to effortless Med’ cruising or more serious blue water adventures ELIXIR is now offered for
sale to make way for a larger X-Yacht. ELIXIR is also priced exclusive of EU VAT which offers maximum
flexibility to buyers from outside or within the EU.
One of the main differences between the Xperformance line and the new Xcruising line is the hull design. The Xc line, with its deeper hull sections, provides a greater interior volume for tanks, and other essential cruising equipment; a feature which also provides smoother sailing in all weathers.
The Xc 45 is designed and developed for long-distance cruising, incorporating the most significant X-Yachts qualities: powerful main engine in a well-insulated compartment, with a 3-bladed folding propeller; large fuel and fresh water tankage, all strategically located low and central in the yacht for optimum weight distribution; an immensely strong steel hull girder frame, taking the loads from the composite lead/cast iron keel as well as from the keel stepped mast.
The prominent feature of the deck is a clean, uncluttered layout with flush mounted, openable deck hatches and stainless steel dorades for optimum ventilation. The sail cabin on the foredeck accommodates space for the asymmetric spinnaker, fenders and the optional bow ladder, and provides good access to the anchor locker.
To access the swimming platform, the transom is hinged down into a horizontal position, whilst the aft deck is lowered to create a walkway. A combination of electronically operated actuators, struts and springs makes the transformation between closed and open cockpit an effortless task. Also integrated into the platform is a bathing ladder and a shower unit.
All sail handling is executed from the cockpit. Halyards, reefing and control lines are led to the winches on the coach roof; the mainsail sheet is led to dedicated winches at the helm. The main sail track has been moved out of the cockpit in front of the sprayhood, providing an uncluttered cockpit with free passage throughout.
The helmsman’s position provides an excellent view forward both during sailing and while manoeuvering in the harbour. The control instrument console ensures a good view of the navigation instruments and is also a secure handhold when moving around while sailing.
YACHTING PRESS REMARKS:
”If you thought this was just going to be another X-Yachts branded performance cruiser, think again.
This is an impressive, genuine long-distance passagemaker” ... “Seasoned sailors… looking to hang up their
racing boots and sail with wives and families, need look no further.”
Yachting World – UK
“Even though she is a true cruiser she can’t deny her roots. And exactly therefore the visual, attractive boat
has got its best scores from the jury as it is seldom you see the compromise between comfort, security and
performance succeed so well – and this already in the first attempt.”
Yacht – Germany
Niels Jeppesen hits the target again. Born from the X-Yachts, the market leader for performance cruisers, this
elegant and fast cruiser matches her goals. She is spacious on deck and inside and she offers ample storage space for your needs for long distance cruising maintaining the pleasure and the performance of a true sailing yacht.
Yacht & Sail- Italy
“She is timeless and attractive with her retro-stern, classical high coachroof and old good looking sheerline.
The aft cockpit solution and adequate hull beam have the advantage of creating fine interior volume plus a
roomy cockpit. Interior styling in teak is inspired by theX-55 and feels fresh and modern.”
Båtnytt – Sweden
• The XC 45 is built to comply with the requirements specified by the European Union’s Recreational Craft Directive (RCD) to meet Design Category A – ‘Ocean’. Hull construction standard according to ABS (American Bureau of Shipping)
• The Xc 45 hull is a composite construction, moulded using 5-axis-milled female tooling. X-Yacht hulls are built using the latest construction technologies.
• The hull is a full polyester resin/sandwich construction using vinylester resin system in outer skin layer, foam core with biaxial E-glass skins and local uni-directional reinforcements.
• Solid, monolithic laminate is used in areas around the keel structure, rudder stock bearing, around each through hull fitting, sail drive, and optional thruster.
• The hull has a five year warranty (from new) against osmosis
• All structural bulkheads securely bonded to hull and deck. All bulkheads of marine plywood in thicknesses between 16 and 30 mm.
• At the forward end of the boat watertight bulkheads separate the anchor compartment, sail locker and interior accommodation for safety and reassurance in the event of a collision.
• The hull above the waterline is ‘Pure White’ (RAL 9010) gelcoat with décor stripes in ‘Iron Grey’ (RAL 7011) gelcoat
• All locker hinges, catches and fillers are flush with teak deck or GRP where appropriate.
• A continuous stainless steel strip protects hull to deck joint, mounted on sheerline.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• The deck is a hand lay-up, full sandwich construction. The foam provides strength and insulation. The deck uses a polyester resin system and the skins are mainly biaxial E-glass layers with local uni-directional and carbon fibre reinforcements.
• In load bearing areas, such as under deck fittings, either plywood or aluminium replaces the foam core.
• Vacuum applied teak deck standard on cockpit sole, cockpit seats, cockpit coamings and bathing platform.
• Teak on side decks and coachroof.
• Teak is nominally 9 mm thick and is laid using Sikaflex-298 adhesive (or similar) with no visible fixings. Black corking as standard.
Keel & Rudder:
• The standard keel draft is a 2.20 m (light ship) cast iron fin with an antimony hardened lead L-bulb bolted and glued to cast iron fin for high strength, low centre of gravity and comfortable sailing performance.
• Each keel is encapsulated in three layers of GRP and faired to original keel section templates.
• The keel is securely bolted to the structural steel keel frame with stainless steel bolts and faired with epoxy filler.
• The rudder blade is constructed from sandwich GRP. The rudder stock constructed of solid, high strength aluminium with welded spokes, which transmit the steering torque into the rudder blade.
• The rudder stock is mounted through a needle bearing at the hull and self-aligning bearing at the deck to achieve minimum friction for effortless sailing.
Engine & gearbox:
• Yanmar 4JH80, 4-cylinder, direct injection, turbo charged diesel engine. Maximum power output is 59kW (80 hp) at 3200 rpm.
• Yanmar SD60 sail drive, which has a gear ratio of 2.23:1
• Freshwater engine cooling
• Engine control panel and throttle/gear lever placed in starboard cockpit coaming. Engine control panel incorporates rpm meter, hour counter, acoustic alarm for oil pressure and cooling water temperature.
• Engine is mounted to the hull structure using vibration reducing shock mounts.
• The engine room is lined with dense sound proof foam, to reduce noise and heat in the cabins. There is also forced ventilation to reduce temperature and radiant heat.
• The engine support beams and GRP engine room liner form an enclosed engine room sump, which is separate from the rest of the boat, to make it easy to keep clean.
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine hours – approx. 288 as of October 2016
• Date of last engine service – September 2016
Propulsion & Steering:
• 3-blade 20x13x3 Flex-o-fold folding propeller
• Two integrated wheel pedestals in the deck offer an excellent helming position on each side of the boat. Each pedestal is fitted with a 90 cm diameter stainless steel wheel with leather wheel covers.
• Max Power Compact Retractable 24V (5.28 kW) with control at starboard recess near steering wheel or starboard pedestal grab rail
• 24vDC domestic system with 220vAC via shorepower, generator or inverter
• 1 x 12V 70 Ah AGM battery for engine start is mounted in the engine room.
• 4 x 12V 130 Ah AGM batteries are mounted under main cabin sofa joined in series and parallel to supply 260Ah @ 24vDC.
• 12V / 120A alternator to charge engine start.
• 24V / 60A alternator to charge service battery bank when engine is running.
• Charger and inverter 24V/2000W/50A including MICC with remote multi control panel and galvanic isolator.
• Fisher Panda generator 10000i, 8 kW fitted in service compartment behind main engine.
• Generator hours – approx. 178 as of October 2016
• 24V to 12V converter for electronics installation.
• X-Yachts main switch board with automatic (resettable) fuses, 3 analogue VDO meters monitoring fresh water and fuel levels and a battery monitor.
• All cabling terminates in “dry” GRP box fitted behind main electrical panel for added safety.
• The shore power system consists of a 10A shore power inlet socket in the cockpit
• 230V AC distribution panel upgraded to handle both shore and generator power with ground fault circuit breaker
• 230V AC sockets mounted internally
• 3x 120v AC sockets
• A 230V distribution panel is located at the chart table and has built in RCD relay, voltmeter and AC circuit breakers for immersion heater and 230V sockets.
• Fuse box upgraded to 32 A.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• A pressurised hot and cold water system is used throughout the boat.
• A 40 litre calorifier is situated in the engine room. Water can be heated using the engine, or with the 240V immersion heater when connected to shore power/generator.
• Spectra Newport 400 MK II Compact 60 l/h watermaker with Z-Ion protection system
• All bilges, with the exception of the engine room bilge, are piped through limber holes to a central sump above the keel. This central sump is pumped out with a 30 litre/min automatic electric pump.
• A 33 litre/min (@ 45 strokes/min) manual pump in the cockpit is also connected to this sump.
• The galley sink drains directly overboard though skin fittings below the galley sole.
• The sinks in the head compartments also drain directly overboard. Showers in these compartments drain into local sumps and are pumped overboard. A manual switch is fitted to operate the electrical sump pump.
• Seacocks and through hull fittings are corrosion resistant brass "CR" and flush mounted.
• Gas bottle storage in starboard side deck for 2 x 3 Kg bottles. Additional gas valve operated from the galley.
• Electrical gas switch with solenoid valve fitted to the standard gas installation
• Total fuel capacity is 440 litres.
• Fuel is stored in a custom-built aluminium tank, located below the main cabin floor boards. The tank is fitted with an inspection hatch, baffles, deck filler, breather and gauge.
• A diesel consumption tank is located in the engine room with alarm and warning light activated in cockpit when consumption tank needs refilling.
• Total water capacity is 610 litres.
• Fresh water is stored in 2 custom-built stainless steel tanks, located below the main cabin floor boards. Each tank is fitted with inspection hatches, baffles, deck filler, breather and gauge.
• Each toilet pumps into a local 55 litre plastic holding tank, which can be emptied using deck suction, or emptied overboard.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine C125 multifunction chartplotter fitted at centre console in the cockpit
• Raymarine Digital HD 4 kW 18"
• AIS Model 650
• Raymarine autopilot with EV400 with linear T2 drive mounted to quadrant with P70 display mounted at port side crashbar instrument box
• 2x Raymarine a75 Wifi multi touch function displays mounted in garage at companion way incl.
• Raymarine I70 display mounted at cockpit centre console
• 1 speed transducer/ depth transducer and 1 wind transducer
• Raymarine VHF Ray 260E mounted in cockpit
• Gimballed gas cooker - 3 burner Eno cooker with oven and grill, replacing std. oven
• Microwave oven with stainless steel front fitted in galley, fitted behind galley's aftmost/upper
• cupboard door
• 140 litre top-opening cool-box with 100mm insulation and Isotherm SP with water-cooled Danfoss compressor.
• Isotherm 85 litre front-opening freezer with Isotherm Magnum refrigeration unit.
• 2x manual flush marine heads
Heating & Ventilation:
• HFL Aircon system for main cabin (16000 BTU), owners (7000 BTU) and for both aft cabins (6000 BTU): Operation
• LED lighting fitted as standard, including spot lights, curtesy strip lighting below cabinets in galley, saloon and nav station.
• Red lighting over the nav station and 4 LED red night lights in saloon are fitted as standard.
• LED, Samsung TV 32” fitted in main cabin
• Multimedia centre, Fusion MS-AV700i AM/FM/VHF/Iphone/Ipod/CD/DVD/USB) fitted in main cabin.
• Fusion 4" 2 way 120 Watt black loudspeakers (2 pcs) mounted in main cabin
• Bose cockpit loudspeakers fitted in the cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
• XC 45 standard layout version with up to 8 berths in three double cabins, plus saloon settee berths, 2 heads and a u-shaped galley. Dedicated shower cubicle for forward heads.
• All furniture is carefully selected, built with first class craftsmanship with minimum number of visible screws and hand-polished with a satin finish.
• As standard, joinery is veneered in t-teak with areas such as the heads and the aftmost transverse bulkhead finished with spray applied white paint.
• GRP deck head liner partly with white vinyl panels in main cabin and owner’s cabin including integrated LED down lights.
• Teak & holly surfaced floor boards with special design edge
• Inspection hatches give access to bilge.
• Freeboard in cabins lined with white vinyl covered 6 mm panels. - Veneered freeboards instead of white freeboards in saloon and owner's cabin
• Companionway steps are curved unvarnished teak and part of forward engine compartment openable door.
• Handrails by entrance and alongside coach roof portlights in main cabin.
• Ocean Air blinds and fly-screens fitted throughout on flush deck hatches. Ocean Air pleated blinds for coach roof portlights and for main cabin freeboard portlights. Popper "black out" curtains for owner’s and aft cabins' freeboard / cockpit portlights.
• Cushions/mattresses are high quality dual density cold foam as standard.
• Cushions are upholstered in a durable fabric as standard.
• Cream Alcantara upholstery in saloon.
• Upholstered cream Sunbrella slipcovers over upholstery in saloon and master's cabin seat.
• Camoan white Corian counters at galley
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
• Owner’s cabin with large double centre berth (200 x 150 cm) with curved laminated battens for improved ventilation and comfort with two large under berth drawers and night tables positioned either side of berth.
• A settee to starboard (95x 35 cm) and a large double wardrobe (100 x 72 cm) to starboard with shelves and hangers and three drawers below.
• Freeboard cupboards and shelves above the berth (port and starboard).
• Floorboards with inspection hatch for good access to speed and depth transducers.
Owner’s Ensuite Heads
• Owner’s en-suite head, located on port side, with a regular sized manually operated marine toilet, moulded sink with single lever mixer tap, cupboard and mirror.
• Dedicated shower compartment with Plexi glass doors and manual operated electric sump pump.
• Space for optional washing machine (not fitted)
• The spacious saloon is flooded with light from coachroof portlights and deck hatches.
• The large dining table with integrated wine bottle compartment can comfortable host 6 guests.
• Seating consists of a spacious U-Sofa to port with a long sofa (191 x 67 cm) to starboard.
• Upper cabinets behind the seating on either side of the saloon provide storage for glasses, books etc.
• Dedicated forward facing navigation table with amble space for charts, drawers underneath and nav seat. Positioned forward of the aft head.
• Electrical switch board located adjacent to nav seat and additional space for navigational and communication equipment with a hideaway chart plotter cupboard integrated above.
• The spacious u-shaped galley (173 cm x 152 cm).
• Large worktop made in Camoan white Corian, with two rectangular recessed stainless steel sinks with single lever mixing tap, complete with 2 cutting boards made of Delrin material.
• Gimballed 3-burner ovn
• Beside the oven, a GRP top opening Isotherm 140 litre coolbox.
• Additional front opening 85 litre Isotherm freezer.
• Transverse galley top cupboard with additional storage for kitchen gear
• Shelves, drawers and lockers with plexi glass sliding doors provide storage space for cutlery and food.
• 2 x Waste bins each 34 ltrs mounted on sliders under the double sink.
• Cupboard with sliding shelve to accommodate optional espresso coffee machine (not fitted).
• Standard aft head, located on starboard side, with a regular sized manually operated marine toilet, moulded sink with single lever mixer tap, cupboard and mirror.
• Shower with manual operated electric sump pump.
Port Aft Cabin:
• Large double berth (210 x 140 cm) with curved laminated battens to improve ventilation and support mattress
• Double wardrobe (95 x 62 cm)
• Freeboard open teak shelves
Starboard Aft Cabin:
• Large double berth (210 x 140 cm) with curved laminated battens to improve ventilation and support mattress
• Double wardrobe (52 x 62 cm)
• Freeboard open teak shelves
• Fractional tripple spreader, tapered silver anodized aluminium mast stepped on steel frame, designed and engineered for Xc 45. Mainsail luff track. Sheaves for main, boom-lift, spinnaker, genoa, inner headstay and spinnaker pole lift.
• Ronstan series 8 trackless cars on mast.
• Combined deck and steaming light, Windex with light, tube for additional electrical wiring and 2 mast steps fitted
• Silver anodized aluminium boom with single line reefing (2) and internal boom outhaul, telescopic vang and outer purchase block system.
• Headstay is furled using a Profurl R430Xc45 attached to the stemhead fitting. Furling line led back to cockpit for easy handling.
• 2 x genoa tracks mounted on deck (port & starboard) with adjustable genoa cars.
• Foot blocks at mast base for halyards.
• Deck organisers for halyards and control lines. Lines led back to aft cockpit coamings.
• 9 x Spinlock XCS Clutches for sheets & halyards – or equivalent.
• 2:1 ‘German’ mainsheet system, with main sheets led aft under deck to leave the side decks clean and uncluttered.
• A-frame at bow for asymmetric spinnaker
• The Xc 45 is fitted with discontinuous rod rigging throughout with rod turnbuckles. Stainless steel chainplates for headstay and split backstay. Stainless steel tip cups for shrouds.
• All halyards, reefings lines, furling line and outhaul are Dyneema
• Navtec hydraulic integral backstay adjuster split backstay fitted as standard.
• Gennaker equipment (sheets, blocks, cleats, shackles)
• Additional mast steps
• I = 19.06m, J = 5.15m, P = 18.1m, E = 5.9m
• Air draft (excluding aerials) – 21.65m
• 2x Andersen 58ST full stainless steel, self-tailing primary winches, on coaming.
• 2 x Andersen 46ST full stainless steel, self-tailing secondary winches, on coaming.
• 1 x Andersen 46EST full stainless steel, electric self-tailing main halyard winch, on coachroof.
• 1 x Andersen 46ST full stainless steel, self-tailing halyard winch, on coachroof.
• North Sails Main sail, Norlam Dyneema SRP75, 5 full battens and 2 reefs, overhead leechcord
• North Sails Furling Jib with battens, 108%, Norlam Dyneema SRP75, with painted UV leech protection and vertical battens
• North Sails Gennaker - G2 Nylon 1.5 oz with snuffer
• stainless steel bow pulpit with integrated LED navigation lights.
• 2 x stainless steel stern pushpit with integrated teak battened seats, stowage for ready to launch MOB module and integrated LED stern navigation light.
• 2 x stainless steel stanchion gates mounted approximately amidships, port & starboard.
• 600 mm stainless steel stanchions and bases with double stainless steel wire guardrails, mounted on bulwark.
• Stainless steel stemhead fitting with twin rollers, one roller designed to stow a 25 kg delta anchor.
• Stainless steel mast collar.
• 2 x stainless steel hand rails on top of coachroof.
• Wheel crash bars in tubular stainless steel with instrument box for bow thruster control, throttle control at starboard wheel
• Hand rail in stainless steel on forward end of cockpit table
• Windscreen - curved aluminium frame with toughened glass.
• Davits to mount dinghy on transom. Max load 150 kg
• Boom lighting with dimmer switch
• 2 x Ventilation dorades in stainless steel mounted on coach roof with stainless steel protection bar.
• Wash board system in 12 mm smoked Plexiglas, supported by gas struts and housed in a self-draining garage.
• Sail locker accessible from deck hatch. Plenty of storage space for sails and deflated dinghy.
• 2 x large cockpit locker hatches built into cockpit bench seats.
• A large cockpit table is fitted in the centre of the cockpit with space for a compass and optional navigational instruments
• A deck shower with hot and cold water is fitted as standard in the cockpit
• The Xc 45 has a large bathing platform incorporated with electrical hoisting and lowering system with integrated stainless steel and teak step to make boarding easy.
• A stainless steel bathing ladder is mounted onto bathing platform.
• A dedicated life raft locker in the transom (accessible when the bathing platform is open) can take an 8 person life raft in a container
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Bow fitting in stainless steel with 2 anchor rollers for standard anchor, forestay attachment.
• Capstan modification on anchor winch to handle both rope and chain
• Anchor locker - drained
• A 1500W 24V electric anchor windlass is installed on the deck. The windlass is two-way and operated by adjacent wired remote stored in anchor locker or an optional remote panel located at the helm.
• A 25 kg galvanized delta anchor is stowed in the stem head fitting.
• 50 metres of 10 mm calibrated, galvanised anchor chain with 20m warp.
• 6 x mooring cleats mounted fore, aft and amidships, including stainless steel protection strip fitted at each cleat.
• Fenders and warps
Srayhoods, Covers & Canvas:
• Sprayhood in light grey canvas fitted to top edge of windscreen.
• Bimini in light grey canvas for added sun protection
• Light grey canvas stackpack bag for mainsail with lazyjacks
• Custom Sunbrella cockpit cushions with custom pillows.
• Plastimo Cruiser STD 6-Person Life Raft (service due: July 2018)
• MOB recovery device
• Safety jackstays to port and starboard
• 4 x stainless steel folding padeyes for safety lines and harness mount points in cockpit.
• LED navigation lights throughout including masthead tricolour and anchor light
• 5 x powder fire extinguishers, 2 Kg each, fitted throughout the yacht.
• 1 x fire blanket fitted in the galley.
• A fire port is fitted between companionway steps.
Lying – Kusadasi – Turkey
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715 Email: email@example.com
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.
82 Gosport Street , Hampshire
Lymington, Hampshire SO41 9BD