Looking for a place that feels like home? Tired of all the pricey plastic? Appreciate real wood? Want a great liveaboard, or an Alaska ready cruiser? You should see this Hateras 38, built in New Bern, NC, Yea an American Trawler! Hatteras has consistently been one of the best ocean boat hull designs, following designer Jack Hargrave’s dictum: “At the end of the day, the boat has to perform at sea!” Somewhat rare on the West Coast, this Hull # 8 of 78 Double Cabin Flybridge Hatteras Yachts were designed for the rough Gulf Stream Atlantic Ocean. Since 1960 Hatteras have led with smart design and quality builds, producing easy riding hulls that reduce pounding, yawing, and broaching.
Chain locker Forward. V-berth office and guest quarters w/ full size hanging locker and port-side forward head w/ shower and newer VacuFlush toilet. The efficient galley follows, with a full size refrigerator, SS sink, microwave and 3-burner stove w/ oven and hood. The galley-down design with generous storage provides for a roomy salon. Three steps up, large windows with privacy screens and curtains provide light and 180 degree views in the Salon. The steering optional lower station is comfortable in nasty wet weather. it’s a layout that results in a spacious comfortable wood-lined salon. Under the salon, two big efficient 8V53 Detroit Diesels comfortably cruise at 10-12 knots using only 3/4 gph/engine. There is a big Espar Heater and CruiseAir Air Conditioning to keep your boating life comfortable. The aft owner’s stateroom, fully paneled with ribbon cut mahogany woodwork, is fitted with two berths, a full size regular bed, plus second bunk, lockers and drawers plus enclosed master head with Shower. Above the flybridge provides steering with excellent visibility, comfortable seating, and updated electronics with multiple radios, chart plotters, and even AIS support.
This well loved and cared for, third owner boat has seen steady updates and systems management, by an experienced owner and detailed mechanics. Here’s just a short list:
Replaced starboard and port start batteries.
Replaced starboard house battery, starboard starter, starboard ignition switch, starboard solenoid
Inverter wiring serviced - Inverter removed and not replaced.
Forward head Vacu-flush serviced
Boat hauled and bottom painted every 2.5 years at Seaview Boatyard. Oil changed every year, fuel filter replaced yearly. Bottom inspected by divers and anodes replaced quarterly.
Well maintained, Alaska ready, with numerous updates and great maintenance, this sea worthy trawler will provide many more years of comfortable cruising or someone a fine live-aboard.
Call soon. . .
Note: Salmon artwork not included.
Note: This boat is at Shilshole Bay Marina
Please call Lee Youngblood at Cell: 425-444-9109 to set up an appointment.
* LOA: 41‘ 10” w/Swimstep * Beam: 13‘ 7”
* Draft: 3’ 5” * Headroom: 6’ 4”
* Disp.: 33,000 Lbs. * 2) Detroit 8V53 Diesels
Engine Mechanical and Electrical Equipment
* 2) 260HP 8V53 Detroit Diesels, (6233 Hrs Port. 1860 Hrs Stb)
* Cruises at 10-12 knots (1800 rpm) using 3/4 GPH/Engine
* Glendinning Engine Synchronizer / Hydraulic Steering
* Morse dual-lever Power Controls, at upper and lower helms
* Charles 30Amp Battery Charger + 100Amp alternators
* House Batteries, 2 Dyno 8D Batteries
* Starter Batteries, 2 banks of 2) 6volts Dyno “golf cart” Batteries
* 2) 30Amp SmartPlugs w/ good cords
* Electrical panel w/ Analog meters, breakers, and switches
* 3) Garmin Chart Plotters, 700 & 700ss w/ Sonar + EcoMap
* Encron Autopilot w/ Rudder Angle Indicator and
Azimuth 1000 Electronic Compass / SH Digital Depth
* Richie Power Damp Plus Compass on Flybridge
* 2) Standard Horizon VHFs w/ DSC, Quest & Matrix AIS/GPS
* West Marine VHF and Dual MX D25 AM,FM,CD Radio
* 2) 4-blade Michigan 24x23 Bronze Props on 1.75 SS Shafts
* Standard packing w/ bronze thru-hulls and strainers
Galley and Interior Gear
* Espar Diesel + Cruisair Air-Conditioning
* Princess 3-burner Electric Stove w/oven,
Nutone exhaust hood / GE Microwave
* 10 gal. Torrid AC Hot Water Heater
* Stainless-Steel Sink Pressure H/C Water
* Admiral AC Refrigerator/Freezer 2 door
* Vacuflush Forward Head
* Jabsco Electric Aft Head / Shower too
* 2) Rule 1300 Shower Sump Pumps
* Hart Tank Tender; Fuel, Water, Holding
Hull | Deck | Safety Gear
* Full Canvas Enclosure + Privacy screens
* Hull stripped, repainted w/ Awl Grip (08)
* Sea Hawk Botton Paint (1/2019)
* Hull inspected / Zincs replaced every
three months by Emerald City Diving
* 33# Bruce Anchor w/ chain & rode
* Spare 20H Danforth Anchor
* Plath 12V Windlass w/ bow roller
* 2) 7” Spotlights, Benmar Fog horn/Hailer
* Electric Bilge Pumps, 1) 1500, 2) 1300 GPH
* 2) CO2 and 3) Smoke detectors
* WestMarine 8’ Zodiac Dinghy (2017)
* 2HP Yamaha Outboard (2017)
*.Multiple Fire Extinguishers w/3 Fireports
* Ships Bell, Clock/Oregon Weather Station
* LifeSling and Life-jackets - steps
* Dock lines, and Fenders w/ holders
* 300 gal. Diesel, 2) Fiberglass tanks
* 148 gal. Water, 2) FRP
* 40 gal. Holding, Plastic w/ Vacuflush
Liveaboard Ready at Shilshole Bay Marina