The Gozzard 36, designed by H. Ted Gozzard, about 90 were built from 1984 to 1998. This is a very traditional style cutter-rigged boat with a clipper bow. The length on deck is 36’ 9". However, the additional bowsprit extends the overall length to 42’.
Normandy is a solidly constructed boat that is well suited to a cruising couple.
Want to sell your boat? I'm always looking for clean, quality listings. Contact me for a free, personalized market evaluation.
- Builders and worldwide distributors for Passport Yachts
- Representatives for Gozzard Brokerage Yachts.
- Quality brokerage sailing and motor yachts.
For showings contact John Albertine 443-837-5075 or email@example.com
Normandy's interior is the classic innovative Gozzard layout that makes this 36 footer feel like a 40-foot boat.
Rather than a traditional V-berth forward, there is an athwartship hanging locker followed by opposing settees angled slightly inboard toward the bow. The settees can be swung together on the centerline to become a double berth. The bulkhead aft of the starboard settee is hinged so that it opens allowing full view of the forward cabin or closes to form a large forward stateroom. A port side locker door is also double hinged so that it conceals a storage locker or becomes an entrance to the forward stateroom.
Further aft is a galley with stove, refrigeration, and deep sink to port and a dual function dinette/navigation station to starboard.
To the starboard side of the companionway, there is a large 80" X 80" quarter berth The quarter berth also utilizes a folding bulkhead and double hinged door so that it can be closed off to become a quarter cabin. This is a unique, well thought out and very livable interior arrangement.
The head and shower to are to port with Tecma electric head and Lectra San waste treatment system. There is a solar vent.
- One large hatch forward with a cover
- One butterfly hatch over the saloon area with a cover
- Eight aluminum opening ports with screens
- L-shaped galley
- Double stainless steel sink
- Hot and cold pressure water
- 2-burner Eno propane stove with oven (not installed)
- SeaFrost refrigeration
- Hot water heater (engine and A/C)
- Roller furling (tanbark) mainsail
- Roller furling jib
- Roller furling staysail
- All sails are tanbark
- Harken roller furling jib and staysail
- Lewmar CST30 mainsheet winch
- Lewmar CST40 primary winch
- Two Lewmar CST16 winches on coachroof
Capsize Screening Formula:1.91
- Single lever throttle/shifter
- Westerbeke generator 3.8 kW
- Dark green hull
- Large anchor platform
- Manual windlass
- Double lifelines with gates port and starboard
- 35 lb CQR anchor with chain and rode
- 15 kg (33 lb) Bruce anchor with chain and rode
- Stainless steel dinghy davits
- Upper and lower rubrail
- Wood wheel
- Separate canvas covers for wheel, binnacle, and table
- Cockpit shower
- Manual bilge pump
- Six chocks with cleats
- Three Spinlock rope clutches forward in the cockpit to port
- Five Spinlock rope clutches forward in teh cockpit to stbd
- Large fixed cockpit table with drop leaves
- On top of the table are two self-tailing winches for jib and main
- Original fiberglass Gozzard sailing dinghy
- Two boat hooks
- Viking 4-person lift raft (needs recertification)
- Drop-down transom/swim steps with H&C shower
- Closed-cell cockpit cushions
- Hard windscreen
326 First Street, Suite 404
Annapolis, MD 21403