Two owners from new this Hunter Crusader ( Fin Keel Version ) of the Hunter Horizon 30 has
been enjoyed by her owner for both cruising and club racing here on the Hamble River.
A combination of Hunter Build, David Thomas designed seaworthiness and the stability of a
lead keel ensured speed and and safety equating to maximum enjoyment.
Moulded in 1994 by Hunter Boats and delivered to her previous owner.
The Hunter 30 evolved from the popular but more spartan Hunter Impala and was
supplied as either a twin keeled cruiser or a fin keeler which was called the Crusader.
The majority of Fin keelers were cruised but a few were used successfully for club racing. The Hunter 30 sits happily alongside the other David Thomas design of the time, the Sigma 29 and in between the Hunter 27 and Sigma 33.
All David Thomas designs give stiff, easily handled, responsive sailing. As he always said, 'You can make a fast boat sail slow, you can't make a slow boat sail fast'. The Hunter 30 Fin gives excellent cruising and rewarding sailing
• Fractional sloop rig with anodised aluminium spars.
• Harken Roller headsail
• Stainless steel standing rigging ( 2015 )
• Running Rigging, Halyards & Sheets.
• Spinnaker Pole
• Mainsail slab reefing
• Lewmar 30 2 Speed self-tailing sheet winches
• Lewmar 7 Halyard winches
• Quantum loose fitted Dacron cruising mainsail with 3 reefs
• 2019 Quantum roller reefing headsail approx. 125% overlap
• Storm Jib (un-used )
• Symmetrical, 3 years old, hardly used. Normal and light weather spinnaker
C&J Stack Pack
• Genoa tracks, One set of long tracks on the side deck for genoas
• One set of Short genoa tracks on the coach roof for the blade jib.
• Outboard bracket fitted on pushpit, stowage only
• Boat hook x 2
• Swim ladder
• 6 x Fenders and both long and short mooring warps.
• 25 Ibs CQR type Anchor with 10 mtr chain plus warp
• 2 x 7Ibs Gaz bottles stored in stern locker
2018 Full Brookes and Gatehouse Electronics including;
• Manual and Electric Bilge Pump
• Horseshoe life bouy
• Fire blanket
• Fire extinguishers
• Flares, comprising Offshore flare pack containing 4 parachute flares,4 Red flares, 2 Orange smokes.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.