See the Garcia Exploration 45 at the US Sailboat Show in Annapolis, MD October 10-14, 2019!
"I wanted a strong, fast, comfortable, functional and easily handled boat perfectly suited for both high latitude and tropical sailing." - Jimmy Cornell
Conceived by Jimmy Cornell and Garcia Yachting for his Blue Planet Odyssey, the Exploration 45v2 is designed and constructed for serious high latitude and tropical sailing. Featuring a centerboard for shallow draft capability, deck saloon with 270 degree views, insulated aluminum hull with collision bulkheads and watertight companionway, and bulletproof systems with unparalleled access, this is a true world cruising boat unlike any other.
In 2016 Garcia upped the ante on the 45 by taking input from owners and refining their boats based on other models. To be sure, it's one of the boatbuilder’s hallmarks, and they’ve made some changes to the Exploration 45 that truly make the boat better and more sailor friendly including a hard dodger with better visibility, a galley with more counter space and a technical room with excellent storage.
Swiftsure Yachts is a premiere yacht brokerage located in Seattle, Washington dedicated to selling high quality yachts. Though our home is in the Pacific Northwest, we work tirelessly to help customers find the perfect boat to suit their needs, no matter where they are. Whether that vessel is new or new-to-you, we're dedicated to turning your dreams into realities.
Contact Swiftsure Yachts at (206) 378-1110 or email@example.com
– Integral aluminium centerboard
– Deck salon with 270° visibility and inside steering position
– Watertight companionway door
– Watertight front bulkhead
– Watertight aft bulkhead with watertight hatches to access the stern compartments from the aft cabins
– All through-hull fittings made of welded aluminum – All valves positioned above sea level
– Double glazed salon windows, one opening above the galley
– Coachroof extends beyond the windows and acts as an awning to prevent the greenhouse effect due to the sun
– Thermal and acoustic insulation above waterline of automotive-grade polyethylene foam panels (77mm hull, 37mm deck)
– Insulated floor (thick foam core)
– Chain locker centrally positioned at the foot of the mast – Electric windlass located in locker below deck just ahead of the mast
– Centrally located large capacity tanks – Water and fuel tanks can be ballasted port / starboard
– Centrally located service battery set
– Generous stowage space available throughout the boat
– Forefoot chainplate for towing and ice breaking
– Integrated aft arch for electronics, wind generator, solar panels and use as davits
– 2 rudder configuration JEFA self-aligning bearings to ensure optimal control in heavy seas
– Large aft platform with easy access to / from the water
– Liferaft stowage in locker accessible for launch from aft platform
– Essential lines controlled from the cockpit